ad: portazero-1

Ham Radio Outlet: Coronavirus Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WY7YL, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WY7YL

WY7YL Ham Member QRZ Page

Coronavirus Update from Ham Radio Outlet

March 24, 2020

As you are aware, stores across the country have closed their doors to the public or restricted access to curb-side pickup only. During these times, Ham Radio Outlet has stayed open and conducted normal business in areas that do not have federal, state, or city mandates.

States such as Ohio, Louisiana, Delaware, California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Connecticut, Michigan, and others have 'Shelter-In-Place' orders. Other states are very soon to follow.

This morning the Surgeon General, Dr. Jerome Adams, spoke to the nation and indicated the following:

"I want America to understand, this week it's going to get bad! The disease is spreading because many people — especially young people — are not abiding by guidance to stay at home and practice social distancing. Right now, there are not enough people out there who are taking this seriously."

In order to protect the staff and customers of Ham Radio Outlet and to continue to operate in a safe manner, HRO will be closed to walk-in traffic at all locations effective 3/25/2020. Stores will continue to take phone calls, online orders, and ship products so long as we are legally allowed to operate. We encourage curb-side pickup where you may call in an order and then call into the store when you arrive at the facility. One of our staff will bring out the product to your vehicle.

Ham Radio Outlet will continue to monitor local, state, and national guidelines and adjust our store policies accordingly. HRO may change to something more restrictive in the near future. Our sincere hope is that we can return to business as usual as soon as possible, but until then we want to ensure the safety of both our staff and you, our customer.

For up-to-date information of any stores' status, please visit our Coronavirus Status Page on our website located at: https://www.hamradio.com/coronavirus

We wish you all safety and health.

Attached Files:

WP4BRI, K9ASE, KB5HAV and 18 others like this.
  2. KE5RFZ

KE5RFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

These are strange times for all of us indeed. I know all of us HAMS appreciate your working within the guidelines to still provide us with equipment that can keep us from losing our minds while feeling like a teenager grounded for staying out too late! Thanks!

KB5HAV, KA2RRK, W4DXL and 5 others like this.
  3. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Bravo et merci.
    Chris.

WY7YL likes this.
  4. W2MGF

W2MGF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My packaged stuck in the post office my local post office is closed down now I have to wait wait wait not fair to me as a customer

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Are you blaming HRO because your post office is shut down?

If so, how would that be HRO's fault?

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2RRK, KE5UPL and (deleted member) like this.
  6. W2MGF

How I told them it was shut down and to send it with anther vender they said no problem thats how any more questions

KA2RRK likes this.
  7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

OK thanks - you didn't say that in your first post, and it therefore made zero sense.

Dave
    W7UUU

KA2RRK, AG5DB, NV4B and 2 others like this.
  8. K5HS

K5HS Ham Member QRZ Page

Well , they do an invoice with tracking method before it ships.

HRO sometimes wants to use Surepost and this doesn't work for me, so I have caught that a few times and a call to them gets it redone with a different carrier.

As long as you call them before it goes out they can change it.

KA2RRK likes this.
  9. W2MGF

UPDATE THEY SENT ME ONE WITH POST OFFICE AGAIN ON REAL

KA2RRK likes this.
  10. N3XEY

N3XEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I like Hro outlet a lot in Delaware, especially from Ron, n Ken great service to the customer, I can only wish them well, n be safe!
    Only thing I wish tht Hro would change their web site!
    Thanks all for reading wishing all to be safe! 73

KD8AMR and KA2RRK like this.
  11. N3VEZ

N3VEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I’ve had nothing but great service from HRO here in Delaware.

12. WD5HNI

WD5HNI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Super great service from the Texas location in Plano, TX. All thumbs up here! sounds like the leadership in state where there is
    a problem with the PO needs better leadership! Time to act now! Post Office is needed commerce that must stay open!

ham safe all.

WD5HNI...

WP4BRI and K5TCJ like this.
  13. KB9OAK

KB9OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm an hour away from the Milwaukee store, but that doesn't matter now. Great, now I have to pay shipping.

14. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I dream of the HRO drive - thru window 1 to pay window 2 to load, window 3 for a hot plate dinner.

RRK

KB9OAK likes this.
  15. KA2RRK

KA2RRK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.