ad: Radclub22-1

FREE - UK Foundation License Course

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by GM6DX, Mar 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. GM6DX

GM6DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have created a FREE online license course for people looking to study the UK foundation amateur radio license.

It covers the material needed for the RSGB Foundation exam.

Designed specifically for the Covid-19 lockdown. Why not study whilst indoors avoiding the Covid-19 virus.

https://gm6dx.thinkific.com

Stay safe.

Billy GM6DX

G7NFP, MI0CMY, 4X1ST and 16 others like this.
  2. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Billy; you Sir are one of those shining stars that puts a smile on my face in these trying times. I admire you and all those volunteers that are helping people at the moment without a thought for monetry gain or fame.
    I wish you every success with this and may you have many students taking you up on your kind and generous offer.

73 de G7DAZ (Darren)

GM6DX and VK2JI like this.
  3. GM6DX

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply. If it helps one or two people learn a thing or two and gets them a pass then happy days. Job done

Thanks again
    Billy

4. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Billy, echoing Darren 100%. Thank you .

GM6DX and VK2JI like this.
  5. GM6DX

Cheers :)

6. K1OC

K1OC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Cool! Is there any way for a non-resident to get a UK license? All you need to get a US license is a mailing address in the US and someone to give you the exam. I am nominally on a US VE team in Switzerland. (I say "nominally," because they only administer the US exams twice a year, and I haven't been there for any of the sessions, yet, but I am on the email mailing list!)

GM6DX and KE5ES like this.
  7. GM6DX

Tony,

You need to sit the UK license in the UK as well as the theory test there practical exercises that must be done. The UK Foundation and Intermediate licenses are not recognized outwith the UK, only the UK full license has a CEPT agreement criteria.

If you do all the exercises in one day and sit three exams in the next you can get a license that can be used worldwide. But you must sit the test within the UK at an exam center.

N4GST and K1OC like this.
  8. 2E0AGB

2E0AGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done Billy. I wish you all the luck in the world.
    Best 73 Allen 2E0AGB

9. G1ZRN

G1ZRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Attention to detail is a must.

10. VU2EXP

VU2EXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice initiative Billy GM6DX.

I will say,
    Stay Home
    Be Safe
    Learn More

Good Luck

Rajesh Vagadia VU2EXP
    Rajkot - India

2E0TWD likes this.
  11. M0KIL

M0KIL Ham Member QRZ Page

When I try and set up an account and it asks me to agree to the Terms of Use and Customer Privacy Policy, those pages come out as blank. Please sort this out ASAP.

73, Keith M0KIL.

12. GM6DX

Keith, there are no problems. The site is produced by Thinkific a professional online course creator. I have just created an account ticked the agree to terms and conditions and it has registered no problems. If this persists then please contact thinkific direct as I have no control over that element of the site

13. M7VJE

M7VJE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you so much for this. I had been studying the manual with the intention of taking the exam at some point, but with the intervention of Covid-19 this is a long way off.

14. GM6DX

Your welcome.

I would speak to the RSGB as they can now offer remote online exams. I believe this is at Foundation level and only at certain centres but if you email the RSGB they will explain the process.

15. M7VJE

M7VJE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have been on the RSGB site and they are hoping to start online testing soon. They have dropped the practical assessments and have put in place a web conferencing service. Hopefully they are starting around 6th April.

Cheers Chris.

GM6DX and 2E0TWD like this.