ad: elecraft

ham-hub.com: The Social Network of radio-amateurs is born!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by IZ8SNW, Mar 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. IZ8SNW

IZ8SNW Ham Member QRZ Page

ham-hub.png

Dear Passionate,
    I introduce you to ham-hub: the new social network dedicated to radio amateurs, radio communication lovers and professionals in the sector.

The platform was born as a place of meeting and interaction, it allows you to give space to ideas and emotions, share thoughts, projects, multimedia files, enrich your bulletin board at will with posts and various types of content.

The social area will allow you to follow other users, send friend requests, exchange reactions and messages, release comments and create groups where you can invite your friends to join.

An area dedicated to "discussion forums" will also be available shortly, where you can share topics and exchange experiences, tips and various types of material such as wiring diagrams, solutions, projects, etc.

The platform represents a great meeting opportunity for users, visibility for workshops and sector shops that will be able to give further space to their proposals for all fans, always interested in improving their wonderful "corner" of fun.

All this is absolutely free and in an experimental form.

Thanks to your precious contribution, we will constantly improve the platform, making it more and more performing and adhering to the needs of us enthusiasts. (2)

You are therefore invited to access the page https://www.ham-hub.com/, select the Wordwide web site to create your account and popularize with us this extraordinary community. (1)

Looking forward to welcoming you, we offer you a warm 73.

_______

NB: ham-hub is not responsible for any of the users' activities. Each user is aware and responsible for all activities of his account, for sharing multimedia content and for publishing personal data.

The community is based on mutual respect and constructive interaction in compliance with the rules and laws. No offensive behavior or behavior deemed unsuitable for the nature of the site is permitted.

_______

(1) During registration you will be asked for a username (which can be your radio amateur abbreviation or a username you use on the radio). When entering the call sign station names, avoid inserting punctuation symbols and signs (e.g. IZ8ABC instead of IZ8-ABC), so as to simplify indexing in the database and facilitate the search.

(2) For suggestions / changes / reports: support@ham-hub.com

________

Follow ham-hub on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/hamradiosocialnetwork

Follow ham-hub on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/ham_hub

2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry but for the last 20 years QRZ has been the main
    Social Network for most of use radio amateurs why do I need this one???

W4UO, K3XR and VE3CGA like this.
  3. AC0GT

AC0GT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have suspicions about any website that requires people to log in before seeing any content. Especially when the information required is more than simply username, password, and e-mail address. If this is any good then they need to open up something to preview before I hand over so much information. Yes, I know that my address and such is posted on the FCC website. I don't have to make their job easier by filling their database for them.

WG7X likes this.
  4. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

No thanks.

This just appears to be a way to get some personal information, and likely to track users around the web. Like 99% of other such places which purport to offer some wonderful benefit.:rolleyes:

5. IZ8SNW

Because it is developed with innovative technologies, because there is not only qrz and it is nice that there is room for everyone in this world.
    Nobody tells you not to use qrz, as you can see I also use it .. rather I am informing you that there is also a new, innovative and young proposal, which can become an interesting space for all of us radio amateurs.

6. IZ8SNW

I am the creator, nobody will use your information for any purpose!
    The aim of the project is to create a modern space for radio amateurs!

7. IZ8SNW

This is a project that I personally created in one year of work, nobody steals anyone's information .. nobody divulges the information contained to third parties. We must open our minds to new horizons without discriminating, knowing and after judging. You are welcome to sign up and also suggest new changes. :)

8. IZ8SNW

The site was put online in Sunday 15 March 2020... all radio amateurs are invited to register and enter! ;)

9. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I second the suggestion to show a PREVIEW of what we would sign up for BEFORE signing up.

N0TZU likes this.
  10. IZ8SNW

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration .. I will create a visible preview so you can see what the site offers and you can decide whether to register or not! Thanks for your valuable contribution, this is really useful. :)

ND6M and WR2E like this.
  11. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

I TRY to avoid web sites where I have to join something or register and log in.
    And I will NOT get on Facebook or Instagram.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KB8SKK, K1LKP and K0UO like this.
  12. IZ8SNW

Even qrz is restricted if you are not a registered and enabled user .. everyone is free to think what they want. There are no obligations here, those who want to join are free! :)

13. IZ8SNW

To access and view you must be registered, this is to protect the privacy of members.
    There are no advertising offers, you don't have to pay anything and you will never receive spam or anything!

It is important to verify your email and wait for a moderator to enable the account.
    I am attaching some low resolution screens to view the layout and protect the content published by users who have registered.

This is my profile page:

[​IMG]

This is the community activity page (the wall):

[​IMG]

14. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes please do this. I was very suspicious of the site when all I could see was a registration page.

K0UO likes this.
  15. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I suggest everyone stays on QRZ which was the first, the largest, and the most informative.
    I'm not interested in just discussions, I want all types of amateur radio information, news, equipment sales, DX and so much more, QRZ is one spot that has it all.
    Not to mention QRZs main purpose, call sign lookup
    Best of luck, however my other form of Social media is On the Airtime,.

Reviewing the guy that started this new social media website, it looks like he's very talented on programming and has a nice station with antennas and a nice QRZ page. But he only has a little over 200 QRZ lookups, I think maybe he should to get on the air more also!!!
    I will check your social media site out best of luck

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020