ad: CQMM-1

AmateurLogic 141

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Mar 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

al_ep141-qrz.png

AmateurLogic 141: The Great Toilet Paper Famine of 2020

RSPDUO Tone and DCS Decoding, Exploring RigPi Deeper, Coronavirus Hoarding, Arduino Uno mount, and more.

1:17:39

Download
    YouTube

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, if we are playing this for humor, here's my 'too sense'...

"THESE TIMES CAN DRIVE A HAM TO DRINK!"

milkk copy.jpg

W5JDX likes this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Reduced fat chocolate milk is for sissies.

KC1DR, VK4ZEN, N8DC and 1 other person like this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

My wife buys the stuff.

;-)

W5JDX likes this.
  5. AK5CT

AK5CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Reduced Fat -- Comes from Skinny Cows, Right ?

HB9EPC, ZL2SCI, N8DC and 5 others like this.
  6. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know about you guys, but I was raised to hunt and fish. Did not carry TP around with me. Mother nature provides.
    Keep your paper, I'm fine.

HK2AQ, KU4NJ, N8DC and 2 others like this.
  7. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Our hiney's are clean!

HB9EPC, W1BR, W5JDX and 1 other person like this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Check under those fingernails....

W1BR, WB9AZA, AJ6KZ and 2 others like this.
  9. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

twigs I use twigs. mother nature.LOL

W5JDX likes this.
  10. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

cleanest azzholes you will ever see

HB9EPC, HK2AQ and W5JDX like this.
  11. K8JHR

K8JHR Ham Member QRZ Page

... Did not carry TP around with me. Mother nature provides.
    Keep your paper, I'm fine. ...

Just be CAREFUL what species leaves you are using ! I am deathly eeee-lergic to poison ivy. What you use matters !! ;-)

As for low fat milk and hot cocoa - it seems like whole milk has around 3.2 percent fat - so 2% does not present much of an advantage. I would rather die from drinking whole fat milk products than from depression over drinking crappy hot cocoa !!! ;-)

And, blaming the XYL is like management blaming secretaries for mistakes in their work product - As my Drill Sergeant used to say, "Man up and take charge of the program." ;-)

So, man up - insist on real hot cocoa and whole mil chocolate milk, and ENJOY LIFE !!!

-----------------------------

Disclaimer - Just MY take, ... and noting herein is intended as serious or even worthwhile, and I am wearing my Teflon (R) flameproof suit!)

Anonymous (K8JHR)

K0TWA, K2AMF and KG5THG like this.
  12. KD7YVV

KD7YVV Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I have a lot of seniors around me, I do check in on them to see if they need anything from the store.
    I'm under 60, but a lot of the residents in my building are not, hence I do what little I can to help.
    While I am concerned for my family and my mother especially, I actually had to laugh at the headline
    "The Great Toilet Paper Famine Of 2020". I was speaking to my dad, and he jokingly asked if I had any toilet paper.
    Now, being my father's son, and inheriting his twisted sense of humor, I penned the following letter:

Dear Dad,
    I am writing to fulfill your request for toilet paper.
    Being an obedient son, it was the least I could do.
    Enclosed please find 7 sheets, enough for one week.
    I'm sorry it is not 2-ply but this is the best I could do on such short notice.
    Here's hoping this lasts you through this National Emergency.

PS: Mr. Whipple says: Please don't squeeze the Charmin"

My father is 77, and with all the worry about current world events, I figured my dad could use a good laugh.
    Hmmm, maybe Sears could come back and start mailing those catalogs.....just right for the outhouse. :)

Now, on a ham related subject (this IS QRZ after all....) I was listening to a net and one of the ham ops said that
    with everyone being off work and working from home etc. he now has more time to spend in the ham shack.
    Sounds good to me, but even though I like to rag chew etc. it will be interesting to see what happens to the bands
    now that more people are home. I hope to get an antenna up soon here at the new QTH so I can again do WAS.

--KD7YVV

WD4ELG and W5JDX like this.
  13. W7LJT

W7LJT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the NW Dairygold sells an old fashioned chocolate milk. Made from whole milk. Quite good. Small glass at bedtime is good.

W5JDX likes this.
  14. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to the supermarket this morning and there was no milk, chocolate or otherwise ecept for some vitamin, mineral enriched organically obtained milk for $5.69 per gallon.
    No I was not paying that price.

W5JDX likes this.
  15. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Plenty of Food in the Markets so Folks must be eating all that Toilet Paper :cool:

G3SEA/KH6

W1BR, KG5THG and W5JDX like this.