ad: AbAuRe-1

Ham College 61 - Extra Class Begins

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Feb 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you ready for Amateur Extra?
    Ham College episode 61, our 1st Extra Class episode has been posted. What’s on the exam?

01:03:17

Download
    YouTube

F4HPX, W8LLW, W4POT and 5 others like this.
  2. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

As usual great content.

W5JDX and HB9EPC like this.
  3. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the video I am studying for my Extra test.

NJ1S, W5JDX and HB9EPC like this.
  4. W4LLZ

W4LLZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this video covering the current Extra exam or the one that is coming out in July 2020?

5. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Une super initiative:), bravo.
    a+Chris

W5JDX likes this.
  6. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They say they are using the July 2020 and after pool in the video.

W5JDX likes this.
  7. W8LLW

W8LLW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah those fellas do a good job with their educational videos, entertaining too. Thumbs up for their Elmer contributions. The only down side would be if you are planning to take the extra exam soon, it will be months before their final session. For those interested in the other classifications, their sessions are all available on YouTube.

W5JDX likes this.
  8. W5JDX

We are covering the Extra pool that begins July 1, 2020.

9. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

Real quick correction for there video. 35 minutes into the video they said the extra test has 75 questions. This is incorrect. Its a 50 question test pulled from over 600 questions. 73s DE NJ1S VE VT

10. W6ZD

W6ZD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a video covering the Extra Exam content for the current pool of questions? I am taking the exam in 2 weeks.
    Thanks.

KC1ILH likes this.
  11. W4LLZ

Thank you I'm anxious for the next episode #62!!!

W5JDX likes this.
  12. W4LLZ

Thank you I'm anxious for episode #62 to get posted on youtube.

W5JDX likes this.
  13. W5JDX

It appears that was a mis-statement. The correct information was displayed on the screen. Subelement E1 (Commission Rules) has 75 potential questions divided into 6 groups. Of those 75 questions in this subelement, 6 of them are included on the exam.

14. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck, Chuck. You'll find that when the new cycle gets going having that additional slice of the band is like getting an amplifier! It opens up a lot (and it is very satisfying to have done the exam too).

W5JDX likes this.
  15. AI1G

AI1G XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A very good presentation on what it's about. My advice is if your ready to do it, bite the bullet and go for it. Having taken tests from the last pool and this current pool in the pursuit of Extra, the difference after July 1, will make you or break you if your using the current pool of questions to study. At least make a try for it before the pool changes. I found significant changes over the past 4 years and the 2 pools being used during those years. when trying to study for the EXTRA. A change mid-stream in test questions throws a pretty good left hook at you.
    And yes, the AMATEUR EXTRA is only 50 questions, not 75. That was a presentation error caused confusing the numbers a questions in subelement groups with the number of questions and the actual EXTRA exam test you will take. It was a flub on the presenter's part. They let it slip through with that mistake.