ad: elecraft

RemoteHamRadio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W2RE, Dec 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W2RE

W2RE Ham Member QRZ Page

The RHR team live streams on social media (Facebook and Twitter) a few days a week. With over 1 million views from around the world watching live operations on the air and tower work. We have a collection of over 100 video's. Here are a few examples:

Operating 80M in daylight creating pileup with 5EL Yagi at 140'.
    Click audio bottom right inside video and watch in full screen as most videos are 1080p-2160p

Birdseye view of QTH on coast of Maine:

Climbing (live) the HH2AA tower on 6300' mountain:

Installing tower section #14 (live) in Jonesport, Maine - Ginpole:

Installing 16EL antennas on 100' tower:

How to follow us:
    https://www.facebook.com/remotehamradio/ Click follow and you will get an announcement when we go LIVE.

Video Library
    https://www.facebook.com/remotehamradio/videos/

RHR Tutorials on how to operate remote:
    http://www.remotehamradio.com/tutorials/

We also have start to finsh station builds with photos. Example:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/ui79t2jFo95b29et6

We are open to ideas on what you would like to see! What we wont do is bore you to death!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    AA3SO, K2XT, W4ABC and 2 others like this.
  2. KASEY00

KASEY00 QRZ Member

Antenna is mounted via tripod on roof of single story home in N.E. Ohio. Have worked stateside and European stations with 100 watts. The specs state the antenna is 12X12, it actually measures 16X16. It's lightweight but awkward to handle so have help available when mounting. Assembly was simple and one person can do it in a day.

3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    KA2FIR, N1CCK, DL6BEN and 5 others like this.
  4. W5EKG

W5EKG Ham Member QRZ Page

So they charge people a yearly fee PLUS by the minute to be on the air? I'm surprised you don't have to pay just to look at their QRZ pages.

I'm kidding.. (kinda)

K0PIR, N3MLB and N3AB like this.
  5. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't give them any ideas...;)

W5EKG and K1LKP like this.
  6. W2RE

W2RE Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

JEFF,

YOU OLE CW RASCAL

HERE IS ANOTHER REMOTE SET UP ......... https://beloud.us/

ALSO

CHECK OUT THE QRZ PAGE OF W9SN

happy-new-year-colorful-animation.gif

8. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

Kinda like renting a car, you still have to pay for the gas.

G3SEA, W5EKG and WW2PT like this.
  9. W5EKG

W5EKG Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking more along the the lines of a psychic hotline scheme.. To each their own.. haha

K0PIR likes this.
  10. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

An advertisement. Dude thinks he is clever.

KA2FIR and WN1MB like this.
  11. W2RE

W2RE Ham Member QRZ Page

12. NF6E

NF6E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Um...it's advertising.

KA2FIR, K0PIR, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  13. AJ4XM

AJ4XM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There are some "free" remote setups from other people. And some others that have paid setups. I have paid the lower fee price at RHR and the lower per minute price and found it well worth it. Look at their videos and see what they are offering. They have great locations, great towers and antennas (multiple options at many sites), and a really easy to use interface (just in your Chrome browser). Yes you do pay but what I got was fun to use and made contacts I could not make with my wire antennas in my one story attic. If I had a really good location and big tower and killer antennas, I would not be too excited. But for what can work out to be a couple of bucks for an hour, this sure brings back the memories of when I did have a great setup and could work anything I heard.

This is not for everyone and for some it is not for them at all. But even if you don't try it, look at how they do it. Great examples of station planning and building, whether it is for your own location or maybe a summer/winter home somewhere else that you can operate yourself remotely. The team at RHR seems like the best to me at doing this. Note the difference in design for a couple of radios (like RHR does) and a big multi-multi like K3LR and W3LPL. I'll never have a setup like K3LR but maybe one day I will again have a location that can work all I hear. Until then, I do what I can and sometimes pay a little bit for more fun and excitement.

73, Tom, AJ4XM

WB2UZR, W5EKG, N3FAA and 1 other person like this.
  14. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a trend in areas of the country with some local clubs. As SR Elder's are going into nursing homes, but keeping their QTH.

The clubs were remoting the Elder's rig's so the ham can use it in a nursing home and as an exchange club members have use as well.

WW2PT likes this.
  15. W2RE

W2RE Ham Member QRZ Page

Latest publication: