ad: AbAuRe-1

SDRuno and the Icom 7610

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Dec 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

67472E0C-F659-4D7F-861E-03FA2AA7B363.jpeg

Pretty easy to get setup. See the video.

• First get HDSDR working. You can see how to here.
    • Copy the folder, ExtIO_IC7610 and file ExtIO_IC7610.dll to your Documents folder.
    • Download and install SDRuno.
    • The first time you open SDRuno (EXTIO) use the “Run as administrator” link by right-clicking on the icon.
    • Full article here.

F4VSE and IK0TIX like this.
  2. NI0F

NI0F Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks. Works well although upon first startup it changed bands to 80m and 3.500. Otherwise works fine. win4icom is doing spotting on the scope which I really like (I'm coming from a Flex-6400 which supports this), hopefully more providers will adopt this as well. Absolutely LOVE the 7610, wish I'd gone this way first.

CT7ABD and K0PIR like this.
  3. K0PIR

Hello,
    Yes mine changed freq. too on startup. I have not explored it any more, but I will.
    Merry Christmas and HNY!

KF0IR likes this.
  4. BI3WW

BI3WW Ham Member QRZ Page

It's very cool! I have a icom ic-7600. I wonder if there is any information about the SDR on the radio.

K0PIR likes this.
  5. K0PIR

With the 7600 you will need to do an IF tap as described here.

Good DX in 2020!

K0COL and BI3WW like this.
  6. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I got it set up and I'm still tinkering with the settings. I haven't decided yet if I like it more or less than HDSDR. It's likely just getting used to how this plays with the IC-7610. Both likely have pros and cons making neither better than the other. Which means it will come down to personal preference. But it's nice to have another option. From the day I got the IC-7610 and got it working with HDSDR I had wanted a way to try it with SDRuno. Maybe other options will come available in time.

K0PIR likes this.
  7. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Richard, I couldn't have made the best video, thanks

@ BH3WNL
    the solution proposed by Stefan VE4NSA is very easy and chip. I tested everything on my 7600: it works great.
    His article was published also by Adam AB4OJ.
    I think this idea also works for the 7300 but I haven't tried it yet.

VE4SW, BI3WW and K0PIR like this.
  8. K0PIR

I am hoping to see compatibility with SDR Console V3. Merry Christmas and Good DX in 2020!

9. K0PIR

Yes there is a nice Inrad RX7300 mod and it works very good. Many thanks Max. Interested to see if SDR Console will be avilable for us.

Good DX in 2020!

IK0TIX likes this.
  10. BI3WW

Thank you very much!
    Happy new year! Good DX in 2020 also for you!

K0PIR likes this.
  11. BI3WW

Thanks for the explanation.
    I will try to modify.
    HPY!

K0PIR likes this.
  12. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Merry christmas and happy new year everyone

K0PIR likes this.
  13. K0PIR

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas filled with joy and peace. If you are traveling, safe travels.

7300’s
    Rich,K0PIR

Attached Files:

W0PV and IK0TIX like this.
  14. PY2RAF

PY2RAF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Rich! o/

That's indeed great documentation. However, I found something disturbing on these instructions.

I see that the @VE4NSA chosen to use a MiniCircuits Splitter in the IF cable that comes from the RF Unit to Main Unit.

I could not avoid the discomfort; but since the IC-7600 uses a 64.455 MHz center IF frequency, by using the MiniCircuits Splitter you automagically incur in around 3.2 dB signal loss (check the Splitter DataSheet) - Man, that's a full S-unit (and for eye-popping stats, half the power lost).

In clear words: desensitizing/deafening a fine equipment - and by a non-trivial amount.

I would strongly suggest using other IF taps, like G4HUP's or something else that disturbs the signal to a minimum. A bit trickier to set up, but then you would have unnoticeable signal loss.

I hope this is of help.

73 de PY2RAF.

K0PIR and K2NCC like this.
  15. KF7DS

KF7DS Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I would too....it'll only happen when Simon gets around to it

K0PIR likes this.