ad: Radclub22-1

JS8Call 2.0 - Multiple transmission speeds, a new multi-decoder, and typeahead functionality

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KN4CRD, Nov 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB1MCT

KB1MCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, yes it does.

I'm kinda new at the hf game myself, but does anyone else love watching thier propagation on pskreporter?

2. N3HGB

N3HGB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This was my first try:
    JS8.jpg

I didn't have much time and am a total n00b at this. I did get it to transmit and it shows up on pskreporter. I need to learn more about this and get someone to answer me!
    One thing is the program did not want to work unless I enter a maidenhead grid, which is a bit of an issue with a moving platform. I think I just made up a random one to get it going. Can the program take GPS input?

3. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

After dealing with a scammer and finely dealing with the real mc coy, JS8 is about the easiest program to work with. Works really great! I can't find any flaws whats so ever. great product!

KN4CRD likes this.
  4. KA1BSZ

5. KA1BSZ

I agree,just what the doctor dx ordered!

6. N3HGB

I need to figure out how it works, but even my bungling first attempt sure got out, I got some EU spots on PSKREPORTER on 40 meters with about 10 watts.

7. WA3JR

WA3JR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Indeed! A digital solution for real, bona fide, weak-signal and poor propagation QSOs that enable you to converse with your fellow hams. The genius of KN4CRD enables you to have so much more than a simple digital contact betwixt your computer and that of a fellow radio enthusiast. Oh, RTTY and PSK31 still have their place in our nostalgic hearts, but this is the digital mode of "now".

Thank you Jordan!

KN4CRD likes this.
  8. EA4BPN

EA4BPN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    I really like this new release. Faster submodes are great. I was able to make a QSO in 'fast' mode with poor condx on 40m; just lost one or two packets but the context was understood.

Jordan, I have two suggestions. The first one is to add some kind of flag indicator to distinguish Fast and Turbo modes in Call Activity window. If you have enabled Multi (decoding all three speeds), you do not know who is calling CQ at what speed. Or perhaps I missed something in the manual...

Second one is the way that Outgoing Messages are displayed:

detail.png

The strikethrough text indicating the letters to be sent. It is a bit confusing, I think. What about to bold or underscore letters as transmission in progress?
    As you may see, both suggestions are merely cosmetic. The program itself was quite good in my Linux environment.

73, Rafael

9. KN4CRD

KN4CRD Ham Member QRZ Page

10. EA4BPN

EA4BPN Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, that is! I did not notice before!
    Thank you!

11. KN4CRD

My pleasure. Let me know how else I can help.

K2NCC likes this.
  12. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

13. KN4CRD

14. N3HGB

I have used it a few times now. On the plus side, it REALLY gets out according to PSKREPORTER. I am getting picked up in Europe with about 10 watts on 40 meters in daylight. On the minus side compared to PSK31 it seems a bit confusing as to who I am actually talking to and what is going on. Lot of fun though, I am sure it will be obvious soon enough.
    Speaking of PSKREPORTER, when I am at the dock I have internet and shore power. If I just leave it run, does the program have a way to report back to PSKREPORTER and add to the data?

KN4CRD likes this.
  15. KC9YGN

KC9YGN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Go to File - Settings - Reporting to get to the options that let you set it up to use PSKReporter

KN4CRD likes this.