ad: elecraft

The first Zedders Round Table event

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W4ZD, Dec 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W4ZD

W4ZD Guest

This Saturday, 12/7/2019 we will be holding the first Zedders Round Table event. It is essentially an all-day multi-band ragchewing session, with folks coming and going as they are able. The idea is to allow us to interact using this thing called radio, rather than just over the internet. :) Anyone is welcome to chime in.

Here are the parameters for the event...

Date: Saturday, Dec 7th, 2019

Time: Any time on that date

Bands: 20, 40 and 80, simultaneously

Freq: 20 - 14.257 MHz, 40 - 7257 KHz, 80 - 3846 KHz, +/- 5 as needed

CW: 10-12 KHz down from the above freqs (keep in mind that CW is permissible anywhere in the band)

CQ: I would suggest either 'CQ ZRT' or 'CQ Zedders Roundtable'

Please post spots, info and comments to this thread:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/how-about-a-monthly-zedders-net.682500/

* Note that I have added 80 meters, 3846 KHz, to the list!

Hope to chat with a goodly number folks then!

K0UO, KG4ZAR, K9ASE and 4 others like this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Awesome!!!

I plan to be there "when I'm able"

So anyone seeing this thread: be sure to go THIS THREAD:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/how-about-a-monthly-zedders-net.682500/

That will be the "spotting thread / comment thread" for this first Zedders Round Table Event.

Big thanks to @W4ZD for putting this together, on the heels of a great Turkey Day Net!!!

This announcement thread will close on Friday - very important to post in the linked thread to spot, report, etc. after Friday, as that's where all the activity will be monitored in close to real time:

73 to all!!

Dave
    W7UUU

W1TRY likes this.
  3. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to it!

4. W9RAC

W9RAC Ham Member QRZ Page

20 is generally open for me that way, Ill be in to say hello, 73 RAC

5. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll try to stop by for a while in the afternoon

6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's on my calendar. I'll be there in the afternoon.

7. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a plan...and it looks like we might have some propagation this weekend. Hopefully I can demonstrate some of this to my 'lectronics students.

K9ASE likes this.
  8. KG4ZAR

KG4ZAR Ham Member QRZ Page

If the band's hold or improve from right now (03:55 Zulu) things should be kickin'. So far I've worked New Hampshire, Texas and Northern Indiana on 40M feeding the short G5RV inverted V with only 70watts.

Thanks to all involved in laying the foundation for this. Now it's up to the group to build the walls and lay the roof!

Larry KG4ZAR

W7UUU likes this.
  9. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

KG4ZAR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.