ad: Sussex-1

Get back on Ten Meters de Gary K8JCR

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K8JCR, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K8JCR

K8JCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello. Last evening a local buddy and I were going to meet on ten meters, 28.400 to be precise. At 8:30 PM. Imagine our surprise to hear and qso with ham in Northern Florida, as we live in Northwest Ohio. But we had a great conversation.

Here is what I am proposing. Everyone meet on 28.400 at various times of day or evening as you have time. Ignore propagation forecasts and just show up. Just show up and put out a call or call someone else who is calling. If we con't use ten meters we will loose it.

Better to try and fail than to just sit apathetically by and do nothing. 28.400 Mhz. day or night . I will be waiting to contact you, especially 10-10 members. I look forward to your comments, but more than that hearing you on 10 meters, no matter what the propagation says!

Until then 73 de Gary K8JCR

AJ6KZ, N9CJT, N4GPW and 7 others like this.
  2. K8JCR

I have a webpage set up the address: https://geton10meters.yolasite.com/ I will add the names and calls of those I hear. BTW heard a guy AG4 I believe tonight while writing the website. You see, time to get on 10 meters. See you there I am monitoring.

3. AB7XX

AB7XX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice encouragement. I think I will take you up on your offer to call out on 28.400. I also do some FT-8 on 10 meters just to see if anyone is monitoring but not sending CQ. I often will monitor myself after a fashion. I will turn on the FT-8 and go into monitoring mode and leave for a few hours and come back and see if I have any decodes. 73 KJ7EFC

K8JCR likes this.
  4. K8JCR

EXCELLENT I hope to soon be able to do digitl modes perhaps we can meet on 10 that would be aweseom meanwhile I am on 28.4000 monitoring perhaps we will chat. Best 73 de Gary K8JCR

5. K8JCR

I am currently monitoring 28.400 at 1:45 PM EDT so come on by give a call. I believe there is more going on then we think!

6. K8JCR

7. K8JCR

My dog Pooh Bear wants YOU to join us on 10 meters! will you heed the call????

WQ4G likes this.
  8. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If your pooch wasn't one-a them heel biters... maybe

VK6APZ/SK2022, K3XR and K8JCR like this.
  9. K8JCR

Naaaah more like a heel licker :) hey ya never know thanks for the reply 73 de k8jcr.

10. K8JCR

OK Ten Meters is still around and I have gotten into monitoring mode on 28.400 anyone wanna come out to play??????

11. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll start hanging around 28.400 as well during the day and call CQ as often as possible.

12. W9OSI

W9OSI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As time allows, I will do the same. When I get home tonight I'll monitor and try some RF on 10m. Lets do this!

13. KE5ES

KE5ES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If it weren't for 10 Meters I probably wouldn't have kept going in the hobby. When I got my Tech license 10 meters was wide open and I talked to Argentina!!! At the time it seemed like a miracle. 10 meters from coast to coast running 5 watts from West Texas. It got me hooked on HF. When I am off work, I work 6pm to 6AM, I will try to be there. 73!!!!

KV9Y and KC0KEK like this.
  14. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here! I was licensed in ‘96, but didn’t get on HF till 2003 or so, and worked lots of domestic and DX on 10m using my HTX-10 and a 1/4-wave whip. Good times.

15. KF5KWO

KF5KWO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As best I can, I’ll get on and see what I can hear. Do we have a name for this net? :)