ad: Retevis-1

N2NY SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N9NY, Sep 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N9NY

N9NY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Called my Elmer N2NY yesterday and asked for Larry Horne and his wife Mary told me he passed away in July. Larry was a wonderful man, friend and mentor. On top of that he was full of amazing and funny stories. The things he could do with simple wire antennas in an apartment in Manhattan was mind boggling. When I chose my call sign part of it was because I lived in NYC but also because of Larry Horne. RIP Buddy de N9NY

N2HUN likes this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

N9NY likes this.
  3. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Laurent N. Horne, N2NY SK

Laurent Novikoff Horne
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania

Fred Funeral Groff Inc Obituary

Laurent passed away on Sunday, July 7, 2019. Laurent was a resident of Pennsylvania at the time of passing.

Larry graduated from St. Marks Academy in Southborough, MA and Yale University.
    He served his country in the US Army during the Korean War.

Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to Larry's Mass of Christian Burial at Historic St. Mary's Church, 119 S. Prince Street, Lancaster, PA on Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
    The family will receive friends from 5:30 p.m. until the time of service.
    JUL 25. 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM (EDT) Historic St. Mary's Catholic Church 119 South Prince Street Lancaster, PA
    JUL 25. 6:00 PM (EDT) Historic St. Mary's Catholic Church 119 South Prince Street Lancaster, PA Memorial Mass begins.

Memorial contributions in Larry's name may be made to the North Museum, 400 College Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17603.
    https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/laurent-horne-obituary?pid=193420505

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    N4FZ, WB2LWX and K1LKP like this.
  4. N9NY

Thank you very much for the detailed information. My post was done without details and I apologize. Larry was a character. Not an alter boy but a good man!

K2HAT and K1LKP like this.
  5. N9NY

I just learned that Larry's wife also passed following Larry, Is that correct?
    Thanks Gregg N9NY

6. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

7. N9NY

Thank you