ad: chuckmartin

Pictures of towers in HOA's

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K1UO, Mar 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1UO

K1UO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I need to give a presentation to ask for permission to install a 50 or 60ft tower in an HOA. The HOA President asked if I could provide a picture and or idea as to what this would look like. If anyone has an installation within an HOA that is behind the house and can provide me a picture showing what a 50 or 60ft tower with a small yagi and 6M beam would look like would be greatly appreciated.
    I plan a bracketed Rohn 45 tower of 50ft height with a JK Antenna Nevassau5 yagi and a JK Antenna 5 element 6M yagi.
    BTW: These are all single story homes and I am at the very end of a Cul de Sac with town woods behind and beside me.

Thanks for any help
    Larry K1UO (at) arrl (dot) net

2. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

I was going to wish you good luck on the HOA thing then I seen that this thread is way over a year old, how did the decision come out or should I ask LOL.

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

TOM, IF YOU LOOK AT HIS QRZ PAGE..........

IT APPEARS THAT HE NOW SOARING WITH THE EAGLES REGARDING ANTENNAS.

4. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

I seen that but didnt know if the outcome was good or what , most HOAs dont have a sense of humor at all

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! HOA allowed this?

[​IMG]

K0UO likes this.
  6. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

After seeing that photograph if he is really living in an area with a homeowners association, it's living proof that anyone can have a great station if they can get the HOA to approve.
    Hopefully this can be a template for others to use. It's unfortunate that he didn't get any responses for photographs in the original post, or maybe they emailed him some photos.
    Whatever he needs to share the secret with others because I think it's valuable.
    Good job

WB5MG likes this.
  7. KE0CAA

KE0CAA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am fairly certain that the 100ft tower with the phased array is not on his HOA lot. His profile also has a more modest vertical with a bunch of ground radials which is much more likely what the HOA would be willing to approve since it would virtually disappear with trees behind it.

WQ4G and K0UO like this.
  8. K1UO

Sorry so long.. I just saw these replies. Thanks. The big tower was on my previous 2 acre lot not the HOA. The HOA and Town Planning Board did approve a US Towers rotating pole MA550 equipped with a SteppIR Urban Beam anda Innovations 6 ele 6M yagi :)

It took a year to get approved and in that time the price of the MA550 doubled :(

Just pouring the concrete base for the tower now and the antennas are in the garage readyto assemble.

73 Larry k1UO

BTW: The vertical etc shown is currently my remote location about 10 miles from the HOA here. I am currently in the disassembly process at the Remote.

WJ4U and K0UO like this.
  9. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great photos on your QRZ page and I Like your Call Too!!!! 73 K0UO

K1UO likes this.
  10. K1UO

@K0UO Hey..Nice call also. I have a good friend K2UO in NJ and we drive the DX stations nuts on 160M cw when we both call in the same pileups :)

KC9ONY and K0UO like this.