ad: M2Ant-1

HAManitarian Program announced

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jul 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

HAManitarian Program announced

GECO (Grassroots Emergency Communications Operations) created its HAManitarian Program integrating HAM radio, Emergency Preparedness, Emergency Communications using its brand of Community-based Education to develop and promote community resilience to disasters while improving the quality of primary to post-secondary education.

This is a holistic program based on collaborations of government (national to local levels), with students, teachers, civic organizations (local to international), businesses and community volunteers.
    You can get details of the HAManitarian program at http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/files/document/529252578

We are seeking volunteers to translate paper from English to other languages. For Amateur radio clubs seeking ways to develop the next generation of EmComm operators should consider this approach. GECO volunteers are ready to collaborate with interested groups to tailor the program to their needs.

ECO is an informal community-based education group of volunteers. We are not a formal non-profit, but operate like a non-profit. We work on a people-to-people basis. We do not solicit outside funding. In the spirit of HAM radio, we freely share our ideas with others based on mutual respect, mutual benefit. We strive to make the world a better place through friendship and understanding. FFI:
    http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/GECO

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/july/hamanitarian-program-announced.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SP9AZF likes this.
  2. SP9AZF

SP9AZF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,
    I might try to translate the document to my native lanuage, Polish. What format do you accept the translation in?

Xavier SP9AZF

KI6GIG likes this.
  3. N8ERM

N8ERM Ham Member QRZ Page

Have you tried Google Translator? I have done this with some manuals and it worked out quite well.

4. LX2VY

LX2VY Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure, i could handle the French translation if you wish.
    73's
    Mendaly LX2VY - secretary of the Hamradio Emergency Communication Group Luxembourg

KI6GIG likes this.
  5. KI6GIG

KI6GIG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for your help. Please send a MS Word file. I will add the attribution (credit notice for you help) and post the final as a PDF on the GECO website http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/GECO.

6. KI6GIG

Thanks. Yes, I've tried google translate, but a while ago. When I had friends overseas review the results, they laughed a lot and suggested I continue to send papers to them in English as the translations were more troublesome to read than the English. So I would prefer to have any google translate results reviewed and edited by a native foreign language speaker.

7. KI6GIG

Thank you Mendaly.

8. KI6GIG

Xavier, when you send your translation, please include a photo of yourself with the MS word file. Thank you.

9. IK0TIX

IK0TIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

if you need support for Italian I am there (as for all of us, compatible with the free time that the work leaves us)
    Max

KI6GIG likes this.
  10. KI6GIG

Thank you Max. Yes, readily acknowledge the reality of life is that anyone helping with this effort won't be expected to be working on it full time, 24/7. The work will be done whenever time is available. I can't expect folks to do volunteer work any differently from me. I certainly work on these projects when time permits. Rest assured I am grateful for anyone willing to read the announcement. If they share it with others, or pitch in with translating it, those are all welcomed bonuses. With that said, belated thanks to G4TUT for posting the HAManitarian announcement here. Best wishes to all.

11. SP9AZF

SP9AZF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello and sorry for my late answer (work didn't really let me visit QRZ)

I wanted to start working on the translation but there apparently is an issue with the PDF to MS word conversion on my computer, the entire "tier" table is ruined because of it and I can't edit it properly. Could you send me the file in MS word format in which the table looks like it's supposed to? I'd be really thankful.

Xavier SP9AZF