ad: CQMM-1

New FAA regulations require towers under 200′ to be marked

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0IW, Jul 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you ever watched an aerial spraying? That's how they are conducted. Depending on the crop planted, I see them occasionally just on the other side of my neighbor's house.

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes.

3. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are ALSO Airshow Wavers... Absolutely the best place in existence to get killed by an out of control Airplane while enjoying yourself... :eek: I just love it when the general populace starts spewing FAR's like they actually know what they're talking about, where each is applied and when they are used... SO... Here IS THE FAA, read the whole thing cover to cover FAA 14 Code Federal Register parts 1 thru 199... Have a blast! This collection is pretty much the enchilada. Sections 200-1999 are the laws the people who actually ARE the FAA need to know. giggle... Those are also online too as the books that make up 14 CFR take up a law library.

KG5CCI, KA0HCP, WD4IGX and 2 others like this.
  4. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I love it!!!!!You provided him all the right info, now if he doesn't take it out of context!!!!

K0DD and AC0OB like this.
  5. KR5OG

KR5OG Ham Member QRZ Page

It is hard to put up an antenna on a 49’ tower and not exceed 50’ unless it is a wire dipole.

6. N1DUN

N1DUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless you provide video of the incident with the N number captured on video..they won't do anything. It's hard to violate the kind of FAA waiver agricultural pilots have, but flying a crop duster over a residential space while loaded is certainly one of them. Take a look at the FAA CFR's for agricultural operation and capture video with the N number. The pilot MUST file his flight plan for the fields he sprays with the FAA. About the best you can hope for is to have him re-file a plan that doesn't include a turn over your property.

WN1MB likes this.
  7. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

That's hardly a credible threat of violence, unless his arm is longer than his tower is tall. Chill out.
    Great story but...

WTH is "FRP land?" I'm sure I'm not the only one here who hasn't a clue what that means, though I can kind of infer it may be some kind of public land that can be used for private farming.

W0IW likes this.
  8. WD4IGX

You should have also provided him a free ball peen hammer.

He could use that to hammer down the new peak in the middle of his seat's vinyl!

K0DD and W0IW like this.
  9. WD4IGX

Ah.... thanks!

K0DD and W0IW like this.
  10. N2NOW

N2NOW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

maybe someday but not anytime soon, i hope... lol

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  11. W8JBM

W8JBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't care and no going to comply. The last thing we need is one more list to be on. We can pick and choose the rules/laws we feel like recognizing these days, so this is one for me; come take it down.

Jim

KC2YMO likes this.
  12. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That will be great until Amazon flies a drone into your Towers, LOL

13. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

yep..here in UK they don't like any antennas higher than 10 feet off the ground...you read that correct...ten feet and u technically need permission. great eh

14. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, flight plans for ag spraying operations are not mandatory. The FAA has only imposed fines/sanctions for failing submit flight operation plans for applications over "Congested Areas".

For rural areas, including single houses, widely spaced houses or individual farms, no plans are required. In these cases the pilot may fly below 1,000ft and 500ft while making approaches and departures to the field while actually spraying.

WD4IGX, K0UO and N0TZU like this.
  15. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ruined the land? How? They're beautiful, and the land underneath them can be used for other purposes.

K2NCC, WU8Y, WA8FOZ and 1 other person like this.