ad: elecraft

Television, film, and music star John Schneider salutes ham radio operators and other volunteers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jun 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Television, film, and music star John Schneider salutes ham radio operators and other volunteers
    Twice a year for the past 32 years cars have blasted down 150 miles of closed, high desert, roadway. This is the Silver State Classic Challenge and it's sister race the Nevada Open Road Challenge, certified by the Guinness Book of Records as the World's Fastest Race on a Public Highway.

The course is on Nevada Highway 318, which Nevada has renamed as the Silver State Classic Challenge Highway. This is unforgiving country, with no communications infrastructure, no towns, no gas, nothing. To run this race it takes hundreds of volunteers, police, fire, EMS, fixed wing aircraft, helicopters, etc all tied together by an army of amateur radio operators.

As a way of saying "Thank You" to their ham operators and course workers, Silver State Classic Challenge is hosting a Ham Radio Appreciation Reception at July's NVCON the ARRL Nevada State Convention.

SSCC asked celebrity Schneider to help say "Thank You" via a message for all the SSCC volunteers which they could play at the SSCC Ham Radio Reception.

You probably remember John as "Bo Duke" on the hit series "Dukes of Hazzard", as "Jonathan Kent" on "Smallville", or as "Jim Cryer" on Tyler Perry's "The Haves and Have Nots". John raced his car the "General Lee many times in the Silver State Classic Challenge.

He has starred in more than 100 television shows, more than 50 movies, and as a country/western artist he has dozens of albums and singles to his credit.

A note about John's volunteering...you may remember him for hosting the National Memorial Day Concerts from the capital.... but did you also know that along with Marie Osmond, John is the co-founder of the Children's Miracle Network of hospitals.

Watch the video:

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/june/john-schneider-salutes-ham-radio-operators.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MI7ATM, KC3MTB, K9CTB and 10 others like this.
  2. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

He is a really nice guy John .

KB7OM and K9CTB like this.
  3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I love some of his Pure Flix movies

KK3Q, W4BNR and K8AI like this.
  4. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's nice to read that there are some quality people in the entertainment industry..... Thanks for bringing this to our attention...

73's corky w2aat

KB7OM, K9CTB, K4RT and 1 other person like this.
  5. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Now there's a guy I would relish spending 5 minutes in a bus stop bench conversation with .... but that stuff never happens ... to me at least. :) I always get the panhandlers.

N4APK and KB7OM like this.
  6. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Panhandlers and street people, sad in so many ways. Be thankful.

KB7OM and AE4DL like this.
  7. K6RQR

K6RQR Ham Member QRZ Page

But wait.... how come the "General Lee" had CB but no ham radio equipment!

WB7TIM likes this.
  8. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

That was during the CB craze. Very popular.

WB7TIM likes this.
  9. K5ATW

K5ATW Ham Member QRZ Page

John is a nice guy and also a very good singer. Thanks for the "flowers" John. K5ATW Steven

10. N5KIR

N5KIR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Really appreciate the Praise for Amateur Radio Hobby and to the Volunteers. N5KIR

KB7OM likes this.
  11. KG2MB

KG2MB Ham Member QRZ Page

cb ruled the 70s then it turned ugly
    go general lee i miss that show..
    rc

12. WB7TIM

WB7TIM Ham Member QRZ Page

This sounds crazy but the reason im a ham today, is because I was obsessed with the General Lee, when I was a little boy and my parents got me a CB for Christmas and that got me started down the radio hobby. Tnx Bo Duke.

1 person likes this.
  13. KE5OA

KE5OA Ham Member QRZ Page

Kudos to you, John. Thank you for the years of entertainment.

14. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would not call Schneider "....quality people in Hollywood." When he was in Massachusetts doing the play circuit he was collared for pulling a Biden, yes, touchy feely, also he has not paid child support in forever, but besides not paying alimony to his wife... I am sure he is one a hell of a guy.

Hank
    KQ1V / WQYW701
    No Code Extra - I get the same privileges as Code Extras - Suck It.

15. G0UKP

G0UKP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well done and thank you.