ad: ProAudio-1

New digital mode FT4

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Apr 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Anything that will speed up contesting has the potential to remove the user from the air sooner; nothing wrong with that.

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sometimes "Changes Don't Come Easy"

3. W0IW

W0IW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am glad ft4 is here I hate using the first software version of anything I always hold
    off for 2-3 rewrites ..!!!

4. K8VHL

K8VHL Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

You can spell sarcasm, but you can't spell amateur? Hmmmm. All that FT-8 activity has overstressed some of your brain cells. o_O

5. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait until the texting generation join the ranks.:D

6. K7LRB

K7LRB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked several FT4 stations when the mode was first introduced. Lately I have not heard ANY FT4 signals. Can someone please 'enlighten' me as to the 'latest' frequency suggestions(?) for FT4?

Thanks and 73,
    Larry

7. GW0ARK

GW0ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

IF I WAS DEAF WHAT MODE WOULD I USE SSTV FT8 ????

8. KC3SWL

KC3SWL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Try about 4 kHz up from the usual FT8 frequencies. They are there. I worked Panama last time I was playing with FT4.

9. F8BON

F8BON Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello dears...
    in FT4 mode why is there no specific frequency on the 160M and 60M?
    if I’m not mistaken, please give me those....
    Thanks
    Cordially.

Pat. F8BON ON8BP.

10. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

60m band plan is different in different parts of the word as its shared Military Freqs here in the USA. So FT software and even JS8Call software do not put in a Default for 60 Meters. Actually having FT8 on 60 meters like it is does not live up to the true shared mode. How many FT8 users are seeing if a Military COM is happening when they click their mouse for a contact? Now other digital modes it is normal to leave the volume up just a bit to hear what is going on, but with the Hord of FT8 all over the waterfall, folks are turning the the audio off and not monitoring.

JS8Call has a 160m however. I think you will find plenty of folks on JS8Call, and it now has multiple speeds and is great for real conversations like PSK31 was, give it a try.