ad: M2Ant-1

Brexit and what it means to the UK radio Amateur

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by GW0HUS, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. ZL1UZM

ZL1UZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not the one who followed his footsteps?:rolleyes:

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I Know Nothing
    And I'm not afraid to Prove it
    Ymmv

3. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

You Mean the P(Censored) Boy?
    (It's good to be the king)

4. ZL1UZM

ZL1UZM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, the failed Professional Postcard Painter.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  5. G8XQB

G8XQB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, who cares! Our so called elected representatives have totally ignored the wishes of the majority of the populace and choose to pander to their own agenda - if they represented the wishes of the electorate we would have left the EU 2 years ago!

GM4BRB likes this.
  6. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

It's basically an open door for our so-called patriotic Nigel Farages and their working-class ennobled stooges, to get rid of people they don't like. 'On your bike', or 'on yer Nikes'.
    "We've turned them (The Brits) into a Colony". The now famous Strasbourg youtube from 2019.

I lived and worked in the EU for 10yrs; Eire for 2 more, travelling around Europe for a while too.
    I really was SOooo naive about the intentions of 'open borders'. The movement of cheap labour.
    Like the science-fiction scenario in which a species is reshaping territory for it's own requirements only. You see in the UK, signs demarking: "The European Development Fund"; to keep you sweet.

7. HB9FUH

HB9FUH Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no idea if you are for or against the EU. You seem to have benefitted from it, yet your last couple of sentences seem in opposition.

GM4BRB likes this.
  8. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

You think this is an accident? You interpret that my seeming dissonant, is an accident?
    I shall point out for the reader(s), that Switzerland has ... "adopted various provisions of European Union law in order to participate in the Union's single market, without joining as a member state."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland–European_Union_relations

PS, I have not said I benefited from it. You think exile is a benefit? What difference does it bring?
    'Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.'
    — 1 Peter 5:8

9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

I realize they may not be your choice but they can only be there if at least some of your citizens vote them in. It's sad to see your country in decline I wish you better times.

10. HB9FUH

HB9FUH Ham Member QRZ Page

I interpreted "I lived and worked in the the EU for years ... travelling around" as a benefit, rather than exile. I too have lived, worked and travelled in the EU (I'm British) and I consider that to be a positive thing. Not sure what the Bible quote is supposed to mean, unless you are one of those people who think Jesus was from the Home Counties.

As for Switzerland adopting provisions of the market without membership, it is true, and we are not better for it. We have to adopt the EU rules, without any say in how they are formed - a position the UK will find itself in after it finally removes it's representatives from the EU institutions.

But to bring it back to the OP (and Amateur Radio), no part of the UK will be a DX entity to European stations, since it is still part of the continent of Europe.

11. OH2BEG

OH2BEG Ham Member QRZ Page

this may happen

starts at 7:28 on video

but hopefully everything goes well in the future

KC2YMO and KD8DEY like this.
  12. OE2RPL

OE2RPL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to say this but you are blind to reality

13. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All well and good for the British to wave two finger's to EUROPE... wait till BORIS the BUFOON get's elected and you have the DUP calling the shots with him, then you'll soon find out how much trouble your really in. You think the Tories are nasty, you've seen nothing yet...

14. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

The good news is that you'll be free to make a great deal with the USA. The big thing there is that you'll finally be able to get rid of that ridiculous health care system and replace with a market driven profit making service run by American insurance companies. Life will be so much better.

And chlorine washed chicken.

DM2TT and KM4FVI like this.
  15. MI0GTA

MI0GTA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

THE RIOTS WHEN THAT HAPPENS WILL MAKE NBC NEWS EVERYDAY.
    JUST PROVES HOW STUPID THE UK ELECTORAT ARE THAT THEY FELL FOR THIS HOOK LINE AND SINKER WHEN THEY KNOW FULL WELL WHAT THE TORIES ARE CAPABLE OF. MINER'S STRIKES, GRENFELL, WHERE PEOPLE ARE STILL HOMELESS 2 YEARS ON, WINDRUSH, COUNCIL TAX AND THE LIST OF TORY ATTROCITIES GOES ON AND ON, ADD THE DUP POISON INTO THE MIX AND YOU'LL SEE HELL ON EARTH WHEN THE MAINLAND UK ELECTORATE ARE SUBJECTED TO THIER MEDDLING... IT'LL MAKE THE BOSTON TEA PARTY LOOK LIKE A PICNIC IN THE PARK.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    DM2TT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.