ad: elecraft

Vincent C. O Keeffe, W1IDL SK May 4, 2019

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, May 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Vincent C. O Keeffe, W1IDL SK

[​IMG]

10/10/1928 - 5/4/2019 Grand Blanc, Michigan Dr. Vincent C. O'Keeffe of Grand Blanc, peacefully passed away at his home on May 4, 2019.

A celebration of life service will be held 11 am Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at Warwick Hills Golf and Country Club, 9057 South Saginaw Street, Grand Blanc, Michigan.
    The family will receive friends from 10 am Tuesday until time of services.

Vince was born on October 10, 1928 to David and Frances (Dolan) O'Keeffe in Manchester, New Hampshire. Dr. O'Keeffe began his career as a professional musician at age 15 and continued to perform for over 60 years, most notably with The New Reformation Jazz Band, a nationally recognized classical jazz band based in Michigan. He received his Bachelor's degree from Boston University's College of Music and his Master's and Doctoral degrees from Teacher's College, Columbia University.
    Vince moved to Michigan in 1975 to become part of the music faculty of the University of Michigan at the Flint campus. In addition to his life-long involvement with music, Vince had several interests.

He was an accomplished amateur radio operator. As W1IDL, he made many friends and liked traveling to various countries to meet his HAM radio friends.
    Vince also enjoyed sailing and long-distance bicycling.

Vince is survived by his wife, Peggy; children Patricia (Mickey) Gingras of Florida and Jim (Christine) O'Keeffe of California, 6 grandchildren, 3 great grandchildren, 2 great great grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Founding Faculty Music Scholarship at the University of Michigan-Flint, the Golden Retriever Foundation, or the .
    Published in Flint Journal on May 16, 2019
    https://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/...0.1023031292.1557919630-2123412885.1556233094

K1LKP likes this.
  2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

GREETINGS TO YOU LEE,

I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK YOU FOR THE MOST RESPECTFUL TRIBUTE YOU PAID TO W1IDL - VIN.

VIN AN I HAD BEEN FRIENDS ON THE CW BANDS FOR MANY YEARS. HE WAS A TOP NOTCH CW BRASS POUNDER.

VIN LOVED HIS CAT LILY AND HIS TWO DOGS GABBY AND GYPSY.

HIS WIFE'S CALL IS K8POK AND HIS SON'S CALL IS W6VJC.

AT ONE TIME VIN HELD THE CALL SIGNS - W3VXF, W1HFZ, WA1FKF.

I ALWAYS ENDED MY QSO'S WITH HIM BY SENDING HIM A
    SPECIAL IRISH BLESSING. ........... PTL.............

ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE, VIN WILL BE READING THE MAIL
    ON ALL OF MY QSO'S............. GOD REST HIS SOUL...........
    candle_animation_1_.gif

AGAIN LEE, THANK YOU AND MAY ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU AS
    YOU PAY TRIBUTE TO ALL OUR SILENT KEYS
    73 - K1LKP
    CARMEN

K2HAT likes this.