ad: Radclub22-1

Yaesu FTM-100DR Wires-X Portable Digital Node

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Feb 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello everyone,

I just posted a new video. You can now use your Yaesu FTM-100DR, FTM-400DR and the F2DR as a Wires-X hotspot (PDN) or IP radio without buying the HRI-200 or another C4FM radio. In this video I show how the new firmware update for the FTM-100DR brings new these new functionalities connected directly to a PC using the provided programming SCU-20 cable.

I also demonstrate how to upgrade the main, the DSP and the panel firmware update.

73 Pascal VA2PV

FTM-100DR_Thumb.jpg

9Y4FZ and K8XG like this.
  2. N8GDX

N8GDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting, this information, very well done.

VA2PV likes this.
  3. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I watched your video and setup a 'spare' FTM-100DR as a WIRES-X node. After telling a few people about it around here, I was surprised to find that many who own Yaesu radios capable of C4FM and WIRES-X have no idea what it is. I might wind up giving a club presentation on it.

Our area is very active on FM--which seems to be out of the ordinary based on what I read here and what I encounter traveling. I can see how it would be possible for this to really take off.

VA2PV likes this.
  4. VA2PV

Hi Ryan, below you will find two videos as a suggestion, hope it can be useful. 73 and thanks for watching, Pascal VA2PV

5. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought that maybe you could put me at ease about something based on your experience.

If I set my WIRES-X up in HRI mode with the analogue connections and all, what happens on the other end when I join a room that is in analogue mode? Will my C4FM (because that is all you get with PDN) signal cause repeaters and nodes in the room to switch to C4FM, or will they simply hear my transmission over FM? I do not want to disrupt an FM QSO.

6. VA2PV

When connected in analog FM on a HRI-200 you will get into the PC in PCM format (digital used by sound card) the AMBE chip will convert it in C4FM to go into the network. The reverse process is also true, you receive via IP the C4FM, convert the signal into PCM and to analog. 73

7. KN4YBP

KN4YBP Ham Member QRZ Page

I just purchased a new FTM-100DR. I had NO IDEA this radio was capable of this operation. I watched you video here but at this time I'm hoping the firmware will be current...else I'll do what you did.

I don't see in Yaesu advertising that one can use this radio w/out the HRI-200!
    You should be compensated as a marketing rep for Yaesu!