ad: MyersEng-1

NEAR-Fest XXV Deerfield NH May 3rd and 4th 2019

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by W1RC, Apr 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KC1HLU

KC1HLU Ham Member QRZ Page

Could you please post a link here to the list/schedule of sessions once it becomes available?

Thanks.

3. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4. KC1HLU

I'm well aware of the forum and website. No sessions listed at either one. Usually they don't post it until a week prior to the event.

I mentioned Near Fest at one of my radio club meetings and the president said that's why we don't go or advertise it to members! They publicize only Boxboro.

I've attended the last 3 Near Fests, but I'm there to learn, not to buy stuff, so I may well take a pass on this one.

5. N1VAU

I didn't know what happened to their website either. Hopefully it comes back up soon.

W1RC lists an email address on his Bio page. You could email your question. I'm sending him an email about the page failure.

6. N1VAU

From W1RC's reply email

"VE exams are Saturday morning at 9:30."

7. KC1HLU

Sorry, the "sessions" I'm referring to aren't the tests, I mean the seminars. Probably poor choice of words on my part.

8. AB1ZT

AB1ZT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N1VAU likes this.
  9. KC1HLU

W1TRY likes this.
  10. N2YQT

N2YQT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Is Tech Trek coming back this year??

11. KC1HLU

Good question. I see nothing posted about it on NARS https://www.n1fd.org/page/2/?s=tech+trek

I know that NARS was invited to present at Hamvention https://www.n1fd.org/2019/04/17/nars-at-hamfests/ so it wouldn't surprise me if they had to focus their resources there instead of Deerfield this year.

It was because of what I saw at NEIT/Tech Trek at Deerfield (and buying a house in the area) that I just joined NARS. Very impressive and worth the trip to Deerfield to see what they are doing when they are part of Near-Fest.

N2YQT likes this.
  12. N1VAU

The weather guesser's prediction is looking better. 60% Chance of rain after 5pm. Saturday has 30% chance of rain before 7am otherwise 65° cloudy and calm winds.

In New Hampshire that's pretty a good forcast for this time of year!

Stop by and say "Hi" at the Lakes Region Repeater Association "W1BST" 10X20 white canopy.

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

13. KC1HLU

I'm taking a pass on Near-Fest this time.

14. N1VAU

I was only about 10 vehicles back in the "club" 8 AM early entry line.

Friday crowd was light and the mid-afternoon rain scattered them, but didn't recover even though it only lasted ~1hour.

Saturday had a good turnout. Both seller and buyer enjoyed the moderate weather.

Thanks to Mr. Mike and his merry crew for hosting this event!

W2VW likes this.