ad: Mountaingoat-1

WOLFWAVE advanced audio processor

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G3CWI, Apr 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G3CWI

G3CWI Ham Member QRZ Page

WOLFWAVE is a new product from SOTABEAMS in the UK. It connects to your radio headphone output and processes the audio. Its flexible SSB and CW bandpass filters, noise reduction and even age-related hearing correction are just the start.

WOLFWAVE also includes a novel CW regenerator capable of giving completely noise-free reception in some circumstances. Another facility is a handy one or two-tone test generator for transmitter testing. WOLFWAVE features a bright OLED display showing the audio spectrum.

It's a product that grows in capability too because WOLFWAVE's firmware is updateable by the user. New facilities and features will be added as the product develops. WOLFWAVE uses a 20 bit CODEC and a powerful ARM M7 processor giving it huge flexibility.

WOLFWAVE is available now from SOTABEAMS (check out the videos) and DX Engineering in the USA.

Attached Files:

KK6QMS likes this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I assume this is a plug-in between the headphone jack and headphone?

G3CWI likes this.
  3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Not mentioned is that you are the CEO of Sotabeams.

G3CWI likes this.
  4. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks fantastic. I would like to see more demo of the noise reduction and a comparison to BHI units. I have a BHI Compact In-Line but this unit will def replace it if the noise reduction compares well.

G3CWI likes this.
  5. G3CWI

Yes that's right. Connects between your radio and headphones or speaker.

6. G3CWI

We will be posting more videos as the product develops. The noise reduction is under active development and as the product firmware is up-gradable by the user, they will get access to all the new facilities.

KK6QMS likes this.