ad: AbAuRe-1

Introducing the Morserino-32, a New Way to Learn Morse Code

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M0FEU, Feb 22, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KD0YMG

KD0YMG Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for that. I will keep it in mind.

2. K2PCG

K2PCG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am learning code and purchased the Kent Iambic paddle from HRO awhile ago and have been very pleased with it. Members of the club I am in who are CW operators have used it at my station and said it was a very good key.

3. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

That tone is driving me crazy. I aend at 600. 525 is not for me but nice unit

4. W2PIX

W2PIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The supplied speaker is tinny, but I just plug in my headset. The adaptive speed in echo mode really pushes you and has helped substantially in getting my proficiency up.

VA2SS likes this.
  5. M0FEU

M0FEU Ham Member QRZ Page

There is a sine wave output via the line out socket that can be set to any tone you like. Wiring up a lead is very easy:
    upload_2019-4-1_9-36-0.png
    You can then use the lead as an input for iCW and have QSOs via the internet.

Matt

Attached Files:

6. KD9PK

KD9PK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic kit. Got 2 of them and have been enjoying using them for practice between rooms.
    Easy build... put both of them together, in the acrylic "case" in about 25 minutes.
    Loaded a book I enjoy and have been "reading" it in a brand new way, all the while increasing my copy speed.

7. K8BMA

K8BMA Ham Member QRZ Page

There is an interesting article titled "Increas Your CW Speed with Wordsworth in the May 2017 issue of QST. Couple this with the "echo" mode of Morseino-32 and you have a potentially awesome way to learn CW headcopy.

8. N3MCO

N3MCO Ham Member QRZ Page

Got mine last night. VERY easy build. In person the square wave sounds much better than in the videos. Excited to use it to continue my morse practice. I'm at 20/7 (Farnsworth) right now and gradually building speed.

9. KD0YMG

KD0YMG Ham Member QRZ Page

I read that article. I actually kinda do what it proposes, and I've determined to focus my learning on listening to words. On Linux, I can't exactly follow those instructions, but I can send text through the 'cw' command, and tailor it for speed, pitch, etc.