ad: CQMM-1

QRZ Logbook Status Update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8BJC

K8BJC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Screwed the pooch & shittin' bricks, boys LOL Give them a few, It'll be back. And if not, that's what backups are for!

2. W3KIT

W3KIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not loading for me. Ummm, I worked 943 DXCC countries and all confirmed :p

I've got QRZ log book to prove it - oh, wait :)

3. 2E0WYD

2E0WYD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I need more tea bags!

4. NE8S

NE8S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Logbook won't even come up........STILL !!! Times Out !!! Just what is your plan now?

5. AG1K

AG1K Ham Member QRZ Page

If the logbook is timing out then they're likely working on it to ascertain and rectify the issue.

6. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here.

7. K4CAE

K4CAE QRZ Lifetime Member #320 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I truly wonder if these people know what they are doing...???? Taking way to long,,,!!!!

VE3PYJ likes this.
  8. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Really? Really? for a mostly free service folks that have work life do an upgrade over an extended weekend , doing painful IT upgrades that I know all full well about in the 1999s and 00s of the web fallout... GEEZZ lets give them some time to finish what would be a several hundred thousand dollar upgrade for a corporate team with all their costs...

DL3PWR, N0TZU, K8BJC and 1 other person like this.
  9. KM6MHZ

KM6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Or every single user is trying to logon via the web browser and view their contacts all at the same time, and the web browser is choking. :D

10. KC2MUY

KC2MUY Ham Member QRZ Page

I still can't update my logbook!! As of 8:30pm EST!!

11. 2E0WYD

2E0WYD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone fancy a pint?

12. AG1K

AG1K Ham Member QRZ Page

We could go to "The Winchester"?

2E0WYD likes this.
  13. K5WY

That's pretty harsh. I'm sure they're working on it as best they can.

14. KT1TK

KT1TK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

FWIW: Logbook still not loading for me as of 2019-02-04 01:22 UTC.

These things take time. Even when the server is up, there's always some networking gotchas that one has to deal with. For example, in cases like this in my own experience, (a) the servers are simply not responding, (b) the RDBMS is not responding or is thrashing, (b) the server addresses, caches, and/or the load distribution routers haven't had their routing tables fully updated to the new hardware addresses or (c) the global domain system hasn't been updated with the new server addresses which can take .hours based on the lease expiration. IOW, there's lots of dung still to wade through.

This is the sort of final PITA stuff that always bites you in the 23rd hour but the good news is that such stuff only needs a quick configuration update or just plain old time to pass by.

Ain't IT fun!
    So glad I'm no longer running 200+ servers.
    Tom Kashuba / KT1TK

K8BJC likes this.
  15. K5WY

Fred has already said QRZ is his only job, so this isn't exactly a hobby for him. That said, I'm sure he and his team are working it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.