ad: CQMM-1

Steve Hunt G3TXQ

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by M0GVZ, Dec 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M0GVZ

M0GVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve sadly passed away in his sleep on December 30th. He had been battling cancer for some time and kept a diary of his battle on his website at www.karinya.net.

Steve will be remembered for his vast knowledge of antennas, in particularly his work on the Hexbeam and his resulting broadband variant that has been used by many amateurs all over the world to great success. He was always willing to give his time to impart his knowledge to any who asked.

73 OM RIP.

GW7UNV likes this.
  2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Ohhhh.... Darn. Just yesterday I looked at his blog for any news... I'm glad he is at rest.

Steve did amazing work and helped uncountable numbers of hams. Steve's legacy will be appreciated for a long time.

3. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Doggie Dew , I wish people would quit dying ;(
    Well I guess is would get really crowded .
    Gota find a way to store his site / info , so that I can find it in the future - oh ya hard copy / paper ;)

4. WF7T

WF7T XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Steve has been a humble contributor but majorly impactful to our art and science. Anyone who uses a hex or cobweb-style antenna owes him a nod of gratitude and a moment of silence. I am saddened by his loss but glad that he is free from his misery. My condolences to his family and friends. 73 OM...peaceful rest.

GW7UNV and KA0HCP like this.
  5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He will be sorely missed.

6. K7TRF

K7TRF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's sad news, Steve was a great guy and gave a lot to the ham worldwide ham community.

7. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Umph! :(

I knew he was having health issues. It is very sad to lose someone like him. He was a real treasure.

RIP G3TXQ

8. M0DPX

M0DPX Ham Member QRZ Page

RIP Sir,

9. VK4FUQ

VK4FUQ Ham Member QRZ Page

RIP Steve, your amazing knowledge and ground breaking research has helped so many Amateurs, myself included! A heartfelt thank you! Regards, Felix vk4fuq.

10. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

That's sad news but not unexpected for those who followed his diary.

I liked his contributions on qrz.com because he always was humble and let the facts speak instead of getting personal even in controversial discussions. He was a gentleman.

I am running a wide band hex beam and built a number of common mode chokes based on his work, so he has a direct influence on my amateur radio activities.

My condolences go to his family.

W2VW and KD2ACO like this.
  11. K4KIO

K4KIO Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve's son Jonathan Hunt, has notified the Yahoo Hex beam user group that he plans to maintain Steve's web site on Understanding the Hexbeam as it has been much used by many interested in the hex beam.

12. VE3NLW

VE3NLW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry to hear of his passing. Steve was one of the very unique indivuals I have had the pleasure to meet. My condolences to his family.