ad: M2Ant-1

WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

If your logging program is supported in JTAlert, try it. There is no comparison.

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

JTalert does not fix that problem. Went back and forth with Laurie a couple years ago until it was apparent it's a quirk in WSJT-X.

3. VA3VF

Sorry, I was not trying to fix the problem, but to avoid it. I disable all colors in WSJT-X, except for green (CQ), red (my callsign), and yellow (my TX). Everything else is handled by JTAlert. I use DXKeeper for logging, but JTAlert supports a couple of other logging programs as well.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  4. WO8USA

WO8USA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

THANKS! could not figure out how I had it set before, all good now, tnx 73 de WO8USA

5. VA3VF

6. WO8USA

WO8USA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

NOTE TO SELF when this happens again: Turn the CQ this band on one color, turn the NW QSO THIS BAND on.....do NOT turn on just new QSO. Also turn ON my call in any message.....then it works right.

7. W2JTM

W2JTM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

When I read this, the first thought that came to mind was because of JS8Call...

8. N4PHH

N4PHH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

N4CC Ham Member QRZ Page
    New
    Skip the philosophy and reasons why or why not...just upgrade as the authors request. Why is something so simple so difficult!

AMEN AND AMEN!!!

WB9AZA, AA5CT, W9FL and 1 other person like this.
  9. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

imho a lot of people are crying over spilt milk, i do sympathize with those ops ,who have linux builds that are not a simple re download and install process,BUT the great majority of users getting coax nooses ready to hang them selves
    with are members of"im gonna make Billy Boy Gates richer still", is everyone's memory that short ??, first we had ME edition of Windows half arse attempt of moving in the 20 century, then there was XP which if i had a choice i still use, then there was there greatest success by far XP Professional in either 32 or 64 bit flavours ( i ran a corporate edition 64 bit genuine"cough" copy for a long while) , then they decided you HAD to upgrade to Vista,and that would be the end of the dreaded service packs, my arse !!, here in the UK after Microsoft "bragged Vista is hack proof" within a couple of weeks there was 2 hacks going around to enable you to run a"copy" Vista as genuine,and would you do that i hear people asking ?, easy as 1 2 3, install your "copy Vista" on your hard drive either 32/64 bit ,and before you connect to the internet for the first time,wind the clock on by @ least 10 years,and then the systems @ Microsoft would be fooled into thinking you have a genuine copy,reset the clock back and it took over 9 months to fix that, the other was disconnect from the tinternet and hack the registry key, that too worked for nearly a year,so having discovered that Vista indeed was a sieve,and they couldn't force businesses off there beloved XP Professional , they canned Vista in favour of the dogs dinner windows 7, when they still couldn't persuade the big company's here in the UK and other areas to ditch XP (cash machines/ATM's here in UK still use XP Professional to work) they rolled out the shiny Windows 8 quickly followed like a dose of the delhi bellys with 8.1 , i had a windows 7 laptop for portable use with a Special Event Station i man every year, and my personal web surfing and online banking when away from home, and although i didnt want 8 or 8.1 it Upgraded no choice ,as a "SERVICE PACK " then quickly followed by a Win 10 upgrade, during this process Windows decide to completely remove my paid for copy of HRD along with approx 3,000 adif qsos (i had a backup), as a result of this my laptop sits in its dark bag not turned on for over 9 months now, too rub salt in the wounds my windows 7 home pc hard drive (a sata 3) decided to throw a sissy fit 2 Weeks before Xmas, again HRD gone kaput along with WSJT ver 1.8/1.9, so new SSD drive, reinstall HRD, download adifs back from EQSL into HRD, but not before i paid a Kings Ransom of £7:10 (about $10)for an electronic download of Windows 7 64 Bit, along with a key,burn a ISO disc install. hey presto go through windows phone automation for Activation, and receive @ last count 293 updates to bring bang up to date ( yes i have a VERY fast FTTP connection 220 Mbps download 20 Mbps upload), i will be ripping win 10 off my laptop with the investment of another £7:10 thats for sure, why oh why all the moaning about upgrading to Ver 2.0 ,myself i am using 2.0 here in the UK and its been as quiet as a grave on 20/30 /40 & 80 m today, remember we have the best bit of FREEEEEEEEEEE dx software for years along with the ARRL grid chase (and yes i came 7TH in the world on 30 m digital in July ), all the JT crew are trying to do is make it suitable for contests and improve its functionality, have you ever known Bill Gates and his motley crew try to do that ??, um NO !! especially for free gratis, be grateful we have WSJT and Fldigi and N1MM+ for nowt, do you moan when you download new contest files ??? ,i think not !!, for me personally i have never worked so much DX is such a short space of time on just FT8 from my qth (IO84FQ) to Tasmania /Japan full 50+ Countries in Europe outside of UK and 4 states off a clean sweep for WAS on 30 m and every South American country,even into the Jungle in Peru,as well as onto the Falklands VP8LP and right onto Antarctica (Argentine Goverment research station) and a great majority of Canada, so if your reading this and live in Hawaii, North/South Dakota, Nevada,Nebraska,New Hampshire or Montana and fancy giving me your Grid Square in exchange for a direct Card and a LOTW confirmation that will give me WAS on 30 and 40 m, all with WSJT 1.6/1.8/1.9 and now ver 2.0 which after all said and done is free, no you dont have to upgrade,but you will also not lose all your precious files like you would if you had a ~Bill Gates forced update

and on a Final note GB1LBC is back again this year last 2 weekends of Jan 2019 from Silloth IO84HQ 20/40 m SSB/CW and FT 8 by me ,NOT in dx expedition mode just standard mode, i will work everyone who calls in, please be patient, theres nothing worse than 4 or 5 people trying @ the same time to call in, Last Year i had a Hour and half Japan and China pile up starting @ 7:30 am ,and they all waited there turn all answered no problem,:) Rant over :)

PPs i will also be operating voice as well,

PPPs my contact details are good on QRZ for a Sked for the States mentioned on FT8 :)

Kevin M6ENP IO84FQ

10. F6GNZ

F6GNZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    I just installed v.2.0 over the old v.1.9 and got the same "error scanning ADIF log/ Invalid ADIF header message.
    No solution found yet!
    73, Radi f6gnz (please mail me if anybody got a solution)

11. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wut?

12. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Can someone break that up into 77-bit packets for me to digest? :D

13. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

uum no in short"dont bitch about wsjt ver 2.0 when windows worse" there u go by my count 49 characters :)

14. AB2YC

AB2YC Guest QRZ Page

The fix is to delete the blank lines at the end of the .adi file before you import it into WSJT-X v2.0.0

15. KY4MJW

KY4MJW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

These XP people get a new pc run 2.0 in newer windows then use your old xp key and run everything else in a xp vm machine lol.