ad: elecraft

WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD9LTQ

KD9LTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

"progressive Zed types"?

WU8Y likes this.
  2. KE7WB

KE7WB Ham Member QRZ Page

This explains over the last couple of weeks why I would see signals on the waterfall and not decode most of them. Glad I finally read the article and upgraded.

3. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm testing JTDX v2.0.1 RC114. Working well.

I just received RC115 to test.

It should not be long before JTDX 77 bits is released to the public.

UT7UX and AK9S like this.
  4. VA3VF

"JTDX 2.1.0 rc 115 19th December FT8v2 basic function

This release does not support any contest modes yet and is released for basic FT8v2 operation

Please carry out a clean install which is recommended and very important

Please see JTDX YouTube channel or files section screen shots

Changelog:

AutoSeq shall handle free text messages at QSO with nonstandard or combined callsign
    filter out some more false FT8 decodes, now using data from ALLCALL.TXT to filter out some false decodes
    ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 75243 callsigns
    cty.dat file is updated to version CTY-2815

Changed source files:

decodedtext.cpp/h, ft8b.f90, decoder.f90, ALLCALL.TXT, cty.dat, CMakelists.txt
    Added new files: lib/chkflscall.f90

Built SW (MS Windows) https://cloud.mail.ru/public/E9ud/zKTjcJ3Co
    checksum JTDX-2.0.1-rc115-win32.exe
    SHA-256: 84F6C9732EC8F49DF974918FE03EEDBEA0AEF119EADB8720BF59E87F7DB6EF79

Alternative download JTDX

Source code https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4SUR/WL6jnUSpw
    checksum src2.0.1-rc115.zip
    SHA-256: 2627CBB8DAFF09B69245E7FA045D8514AA1DCDCC98D0C9293FF0968BC74278B9

Alternative download JTDX

File Checksum Utility "

UT7UX likes this.
  5. N8DC

N8DC Ham Member QRZ Page

I am testing it here also. The thing that annoys me about JTDX is thy are usually way off from having all the updates that are done in WSJT-X . I would think that most of it is just copying the code and adding their stuff ?
    They also need to incorporate the configuration option so you can set up more than one rig and use that rig with just a mouse click.
    Dave N8DC

6. VA3VF

Not sure what you mean by way off. It took the developers less than 2 weeks, after the Dec 10 drop dead date, to add 77 bits support.

It uses WSJT-X's core opensource code, but it's not the same program. It focus on HF+6M only. It does not, and will not support the FOX side of DXpedtion mode. Looks like it may support contesting eventually, but as the release said, not in this RC.

JTDX differs from WSJT-X mainly in the additional configuration options available, and the GUI layout. More recently, it also started fine tuning the decoder. Tests show that it may decode up to 10% more signals than WSJT-X.

Bottom line: Aside from supporting 77 bits, the de facto new FT8 standard, JTDX may not follow other WSJT-X developments. One can ask for additional features, of course.

Both WSJT-X and JTDX are good programs. If you are adventurous, or focus your operations on VHF+, try MSHV. It's another WSJT-X 'fork', but for VHF+ afficionado.

7. LA6VQ

LA6VQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've tested it, too. It seems to work well, and to be just as incompatible with it's 75-bits version as WSJT-X 2.0.0 is with WSJT-X 1.9.1, a feature announced before the first WSJT-X 2.0 beta version was released, but still created 32 pages of discussion after someone suddenly found out that the September announcement from K1JT was completely reliable. Hmm...

8. VA3VF

The FT8 developers have no idea what they are talking about, if the discussion revolves around WSJT-X. This why we have forums, the smart people are all here.:D

I don't remember where now, but I saw one report saying that yes, version 2 GA still decodes 75 bits. I figured there was no reason to watch that thread.:rolleyes:

9. WX2H

WX2H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I installed the new 2.0 software and lost the ability to sync my QSL's over DXKeeper. Also getting an error message when I start WSJT-X 2.0 Network error ssl/tls support not installed cannot fetch. I can still sync eQSL qso's with DXKeeper only Lotw is messed up. It seems that the new 2.0 software screwed up my sign-on to Lotw for downloading QSL confirmations. Also, there is no way to turn off Lotw uploads from inside of WSJT-X. Lotw is too complex sometimes..by the way still running XP.

10. N8DC

N8DC Ham Member QRZ Page

In the past its taken a lot longer.
    Dave N8DC

11. WO8USA

WO8USA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My only problem in upgrading has been NOT being able to see already worked stations. I have followed instructions on re scanning my ADIF, etc, but no station shows up as already worked, even if I just worked them!

12. KB1YXN

KB1YXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amen !

13. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

What I did is change the background color - CQ in Message - to grey, then click checkboxes for New Call and New Call in Band which are light blue, then work the light blue ones and ignore the grey ones.

WO8USA likes this.
  14. K3ZL

K3ZL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

15. K3ZL

K3ZL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You are exactly right.