ad: Alphaant-1

WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not going to be an yearly event? Thank you heavens!:D

ND6M and KG5GCC like this.
  2. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't follow the grid chase closely. I'm in the top 10,000. I know I came in 3rd in February for one Band/Mode. It was 20m SSTV with 1 contact! In fact, I was in the top 5 every month for that Band/Mode (in the months I used the mode anyway)

KG5GCC likes this.
  3. VA3VF

LOL

Check the CQWW CW 2018 Raw Scores.

https://www.cqww.com/raw.htm?mode=cw

QRP 10M: 9A2G

4th place World, 3rd place Europe, 1st place Croatia.

ZERO points.

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Knew I should have sent in my log! :eek:

5. VA3VF

I doubt sending in a blank log was what happened there.

In all likelihood, he had a couple of contacts, and 'busted' them. After the deductions/penalties, he went into negative territory, hence zero points.

6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Right, but my couple of points would have beat him. :)

Once won my category in VHF contest with a very low score.

7. VA3VF

It happens all the time. Here in ONE (Ontario East), it's not unusual to be the only entrant in a category.

WU8Y likes this.
  8. AG5GT

AG5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, for windows users, I imagine the upgrade is trivial. There is only one windows binary. However, for us linux users, unless we happen to be running the bleeding edge, latest version of Debian, we're told to compile from source. That is non-trivial. The alternative of upgrading our systems to bleeding edge, to be compatible with wsjt-x, is also non-trivial and often not practical because of other software dependencies. Full system upgrade is similar to what a windows user might do when a hard disk crashes, or when replacing win7 with win10. It's kind of a big deal.

So, unless I first find time to compile, and deal with new dependencies and ambiguities, I will be hoping some kind soul creates an Ubuntu 14.04 package for the world. I originally obtained 1.9.1 due to such kindness. Ideally, when everybody is requested to re-install, there would a pre-built package for all versions of Ubuntu still under Long Term Support (LTS). There area bunch of Ubuntu LTS users.

Incidentally, it does seem that a preponderance of users have moved to 2.0 as of today. Of the vast numbers of strong signals this morning, only a small fraction actually decoded on my obsolete linux installation. I presume the version change is the reason. I did work a Cuban station with 1.9. Cuba's internet access restrictions may have limited that fellow's ability to promptly obtain 2.0. He and linux users were able to communicate this morning ;-)

N5ZDT likes this.
  9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep. I was somewhat worried that I'd have nobody to work (I chose to install over the 1.9 version) when I did the deed yesterday. Needn't have worried. Plenty of folks already on 2.0. :)

10. VA3VF

Just received the first false decode with version 2 in 5 days. It used to be very common with previous versions.

11. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Well that was weird. All of a sudden the waterfall went blank. Usually keep the rig volume turned down so I turned it up and heard signals. Restarted WSJT-X, same problem. Rebooted PC, still no joy. So I checked WSJT-X audio settings, and changed input device from rig to microphone and the waterfall came back. WTF?

*edit* figured it out. Somehow the rig input was muted in Windows Device Manager. :(

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  12. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I unsubscribed from the WSJT-X Yahoo eGroup myself. I have no tolerance for arrogance and rudeness. I'm using v2.0 right now.

I have JTDX on my hard drive also. When they upgrade it from 75 to 77 bits I'll upgrade it and use it only.

KG5GCC likes this.
  13. WB4HFR

WB4HFR Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you mean the radio tab in settings? yes I did. I have been running wsjt-x since 1.4 version, never had this happen until this version.. any thoughts? Thanks for replying..
    73 Eric

14. WB4HFR

I'm running Ham Radio Deluxe and what should I put in the blank Network Server blank? I put my radio in it and it didn't work.. I'm still puzzled. thanks Eric

15. WB4HFR

I run Ham Radio Deluxe and when I filled in the Network Server blank it would not work at all. What is suppose to be in that blank?