ad: AbAuRe-1

WSJT-X v2.0.0 by K1JT released - not compatible to earlier versions!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DH2ID, Dec 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, wrong answer.

2. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Which is why Microshaft now force upgrades their OS. Too much "hodgepodge." Hopefully the author could put a nag screen in it to remind to upgrade.

WU8Y likes this.
  3. KF5WVJ

KF5WVJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

when they get some issues worked out and bugs fixed i will download and install 2.0 until then i will wait, if necessary i just won't operate ft8 until then.

4. SV1JAB

SV1JAB Ham Member QRZ Page

I have downloaded the new Version 2.0.0 program , the problem is that I can not go with my computer the button that I have with a red pencil on the radio Kenwood ts-940s upload_2018-12-12_23-39-51.png

5. K7VZ

K7VZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is 2.0 RC3. You will need to go to the WSJT-X web site and download the newest release from Dec. 10th.

6. WB2KSP

WB2KSP Ham Member QRZ Page

The update was easy and all but my color scheme remained the same.

7. AB2YC

AB2YC Guest QRZ Page

Does anyone know how to get it to recognize the ADF file I export from N3FJP Amateur Contact log correctly?

I get an error of "Error Scanning ADIF Log" " Invalid ADIF record starting at:"

8. AD0TR

AD0TR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This was a poorly thought out decision on the part of the WSJT-X team.

People who make the early switch get penalized as most of the FT8 traffic won't decode. This slows the migration to the new version. Many users won't upgrade until there is sufficient traffic with the new protocol to justify the change. In the meantime, everyone loses out on potential QSOs due to the different versions of the software.

A smarter approach would be to have the new version decode both the new and the old protocols. That removes the penalty for early adopters, and hastens the switch. Once the strong majority of users are using the new software, the team can remove the old protocol from the engine and force the last holdouts to upgrade.

Just my two cents.

WJ4U likes this.
  9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just about to climb on to the WSJT bandwagon. I'm sort of glad I didn't drink the Kool Aid. I'll just get back to trying PSK and perhaps look into WSJT or whatever takes it's place next month. My thoughts are to walk before I run...then maybe I'll try flying or whatever the next hot digital mode offers.

10. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

You simply won't copy them if they are in the incompatible 'other' mode. The data 'package' is different.

AA5AZ likes this.
  11. KC2MBV

KC2MBV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My workaround for the lack of backwards compatibility was to install 2.0 into a different directory thus enabling me to run whichever version I want. I'll run 2.0 for a while then switch to 1.9. Cumbersome? A little but I get the best of both worlds until 1.9 fades away.

12. KP4SX

Can't do. You can't make an orange an apple. They really should have presented it as a totally different mode rather than an upgrade. That little aspect is apparently confusing a lot of people.
    That said...my results tonight running with 2.0 are considerably better than even last night. I think the scale has tilted enough for me to use 2.0 as my default.

13. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

You won't. You will only see stations using the version YOU are using. If the waterfall seems sparse, that's probably why

Dave
    W7UUU

WU8Y and AA5AZ like this.
  14. KP4SX

The graphic waterfall will show all signals. Its the decode list that will seem sparse.

W7UUU likes this.
  15. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the clarification, Bill

Dave
    W7UUU

WU8Y likes this.