ad: TinyPaddle-1

GERATOL Net Resumes Operation

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N1KL, Nov 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2MF

K2MF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

During the early 1980s, that antenna became affectionately known as, "the wonder of west 57th street". :)

K4AGO likes this.
  2. N1KL

N1KL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Mike, thanks for the note of interest in the net. I don't believe the net publishes a listing of numbers any longer, but if you download the program created by W0FP, Frosty, called GLIST, you can simply put in the call sign of the station you wish to work, and it will bring up his/her GERATOL Number, D Number and QCWA number. The file can be found on our website at http://geratol.net

Indeed, when I first started checking in, the ARRL did sponsor the net, and issued a special 75 Meter two letter WAS Award, which was serialized. That became the GERATOL Number. They did that in order to encourage (at the time) the use of the newly expanded SSB portion of the 75 Meter band. They have since dropped their affiliation with the net, but a group of folks continue the tradition by issuing GERATOL numbers and an Unbelievable Operating Achievement Award for working 50 states in the Extra Class portion of the band.
    Jump in some evening, it would be great to hear you. Regards, Kevin N1KL

3. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

GE Kevin - I found it. #1586, issued a while back. Should update my call with the group.
    Thanks Mike N3PM

SA4BRL likes this.
  4. N1KL

OK Mike, I actually worked you when you on the net when you had W8KZM call sign. We worked on 2/15/93 !!! Good stuff.
    Stop by some evening and say hi to the guys, they would get a kick out of hearing you back on the net for a visit
    Regards, Kevin N1KL

5. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

GE Kevin - nope, not me. Was KA1VT and KV1M.
    Mike N3PM

6. N1KL

I think you are one off on your number Mike. I believe you are #1585, not 1586. #1585 was assigned to AD1OS That you ?
    1585 was issued to W8KZM

Checking my log, I never did work N3PM, KA1VT, KV1M nor AD1OS if that is you also...…
    All the more reason it would be great to hear you on the net, so we can put you into our log book !! Thanks for the replies and clarity...

Kevin N1KL

7. N1KL

Mike, Sorry for confusion, 1586 was issued to W8KZM....1585 was issued to AD1OS

8. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, I read the wrong line.
    AD1OS was me as well.
    Mike N3PM

9. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

How did you get it across without getting killed?

10. K2MF

K2MF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well now that's a story for another time, although I was not the guy on the street. :)

11. N1KL

Barry, thanks for the note, but I had already corrected my reply to Mike weeks ago, if you check the thread, where I stated:

Mike, Sorry for confusion, 1586 was issued to W8KZM....1585 was issued to AD1OS

Mike then replied confirming he was indeed licensed as AD1OS with # 1585 as his GERATOL number.

Regards, Kevin N1KL