ad: M2Ant-1

25th Anniversary Grand Prize Drawing is Near...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done to the Winners!!!!

KG5THG and N8QQE like this.
  2. KI7HSB

KI7HSB Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, I did pretty good. The guy that won the grand prize lives less than 30 miles from me. That's the closest I've ever come to winning anything.

NL7W, W3FHT, N5VAF and 4 others like this.
  3. W9LLD

W9LLD Ham Member QRZ Page

ICOM IC-7610, goes to KK4ZT

Yaesu FTDX-101D, goes to W7PT

RFinder Radio, goes to W3CJW

Heil Headset, goes to KE0IRV

Comet Antenna Analyzer, goes to VE4AFC

Begali Keyer, goes to WB5WAJ

AJ4LN and SV2EVS like this.
  4. EA4GTI

EA4GTI Ham Member QRZ Page

Me quiero felicitar a esos. Jamones de europa, los cuales han participado con la ilusión de poder ganar en algún momento, un regalo pero como se ha visto los premios se an quedado ayi todos , espero que sirva como experiencia en los proximos concursos en el futuro.

K2NCC and EB1BSV like this.
  5. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Over 900 user in the chat room last night for the giveaway! It was a lot of FUN!
    Congrats to all the WINNERS!!!

SV2EVS likes this.
  6. EB1BSV

EB1BSV QRZ Lifetime Member #59 Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Si, una lastima :(

7. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Usa and Canada.... :-(

G0MRB and EB1BSV like this.
  8. G0MRB

G0MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for your reply, Frank. I'm logged-in, but saw nothing, only the video, even after refreshing the page during the live stream.

Of course, the other issue is network lag, meaning that the stream was seen by viewers further afield up to several minutes after the events were happening, which means that U/S viewers have a big advantage over the rest of the world, as was seen clearly during the show. But it would have been handy to at least post my callsign when requested.

For reference, if watching NASA TV, the lag to here is at least 50 seconds, and usually 60 - 90 seconds. (I have a downlink link speed of about 215 Mbit/s with a 9ms ping time to local servers, and around 130 ms to Orlando, FL.)

9. G0MRB

G0MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I was replying to you. Misunderstood your question. It's a little sad that you appear to be so belligerent with other people here who are trying to help you. Maybe the intent of your words is not translating well into the limitations of text? If so, you have my apologies.

Nonetheless, the date and time of the draw were posted weeks ago. I'm half a world away from you, but still saw that we were told that the url would be available shortly before the draw, and figured out that I would need to refresh the Home page. (Standard procedure for at least the past 15 years for web pages without auto refresh.) I saw a hand, setting up a camera, before the test bars were shown, at around 00:52 here (UTC). The video was viewable a few minutes late, at shortly after 01:05, which includes a couple of minutes of internet lag to here.

10. AE0S

AE0S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do we have a trivia on the 6th that says "You have been entered into the sweepstakes to win one of these Great Prices!"? Is there more to come or just more errors?

W2AYV likes this.
  11. WS8C

WS8C Ham Member QRZ Page

AA7BQ's Dad, Ford, used to live less than 10 miles from me (and was in our club), he drove right past my house many, many times - but did I get picked for any prizes? NO! :(:D:D:D

12. N2NUR

N2NUR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

congratulations to all the winners. I enjoyed doing the trivia everyday. I got the family involved in the questions everyday. it was fun, 73

13. K2FI

K2FI Ham Member QRZ Page

Surely there's some mistake! I don't see my call there!

;)

G0MRB likes this.
  14. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday's streaming video production was good.
    Way to go, QRZ Team. Gordon's co-anchoring was bright and cheerful as usual, too. Nice job all-round.

15. KD9KNJ

KD9KNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! to all the winners, & a big Thank you to all the sponsors & the staff here at QRZ...
    I had a great time participating, learned a few things, & am looking forward to the next Sweepstakes.