ad: chuckmartin

25th Anniversary Grand Prize Drawing is Near...

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

You can still watch it and answer your own question sooner than waiting for that post.

2. K2NCC

They haven't updated that, but surely you know when 5pm Pacific time is. Or at least Google will tell ya.

Seems so many think to ask a question, expecting an instant answer, when a quick search will satisfy that desire in short order.

If you don't want to watch the video, have patience and wait for them to type up the list. Ain't so important to worry about.

3. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course I know when 5 pm PST is, but things aren’t always on time, and it appears to be late, and not yet started by looking at the homepage.

I asked no question regarding the timing, and no quick search is revealing the winners list in text format yet. But these replies stating the obvious are helpful :D

4. K2NCC

If that's as far as you clicked, then you missed it. Yet if you wander off to the YouTube link, you can still review the video and answer the question of "Who won?".

I guess it's expecting too much for people to figure out the obvious on their own.

5. K0OKS

Nope. I clicked here and found it was over, and never asked about it being over. Anyone can see that.

And, yes, the fact that we could watch the video is indeed obvious, which is why I (and I think nobody else) asked about it. But not everyone can watch something with sound at any random time (when other people are around and there is no headset).

Carry on.

6. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

As bad as the contest questions were, I'm not surprised at the results.

7. K0OKS

The homepage has had some mention of this trivia thing and the prizes for over a week or more. I don’t there is a duty to notify about a random drawing.

K2CAJ and K2NCC like this.
  8. K2NCC

Wow, where have you been the past few months?

And who the hell wants to spend magnitudes greater in court and lawyer fees just to realize they can't read?

9. K2NCC

Then just wait for the email that says you won, or the list of winners to be typed up.

I don't get the need2know RIGHT NOW.

G0MRB likes this.
  10. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

But I'd have to watch a #$%^& video.

Just tell me already.

I typically just close tabs in irritation when a link takes me to a "story" that turns out to be a video.

K4XJ, K0OKS and AJ4LN like this.
  11. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

Huh? Did you mean to reply to someone else?

I know very well where the link was, and in fact I went there and saw some video but it was after the drawing. They were showing the set up of the "studio" and Fred's shack and so forth.

K4XJ likes this.
  12. K2NCC

Or, just wait. You didn't win, or likely anyone you know, so it doesn't really matter does it? Your curiosity is much ado about nada.

Your loss. One can convey a LOT more in a shorter period of time with a video than typing it out.
    Like they say... a picture is worth a thousand words.

13. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

n

14. W9MB

W9MB Ham Member QRZ Page

For the past few months I have been entering, With no regard to merit based entries, or last minute opportunities to win. This thing has been a fiasco. Sorry QRZ. This is questionable.

15. K2NCC

I don't get where you get "merit based". Not as if anyone got more entries than anyone else who answered the trivia questions.

Seems pretty basic to me, participate in the trivia daily, get an entry every day. No one here got more than that.

If you answered every set of questions, regardless of how well you did, you got the same chances as anyone else who participated.

Sounds a lot like you have the case of sour grapes.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    N0CEL likes this.