ad: ProAudio-1

A new solar index number is being published - Thermosphere Climate Index

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE7DXW, Oct 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WA4KFZ

WA4KFZ Ham Member QRZ Page

An interesting article about the effects of weather and sporadic E (from the HAMSCI group):
    http://hamsci.org/tags/sporadic-e

"...amateur radio is used to explore possible correlations between weather storm systems and sporadic E clouds to see if they are collocated. While some of the main causes of sporadic E propagation are wind shear, meteor strikes and upper atmospheric tides (ultimately coming from solar EUV energy inputs), radio operators have noticed that sporadic E propagation is also changed significantly by hurricanes and storms."

VE7DXW likes this.
  2. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

Leave it up to someone with a political agenda to post an article that has nothing to do with amateur radio. Go post your views on other platforms with an audience that is more accepting of your views. To put an agenda into an article and pass it off as science in relation to amateur radio is just downright deceitful.

K3XR and KR3DX like this.
  3. KB6QXM

KB6QXM Ham Member QRZ Page

Leave it up to someone who has a political agenda to make a post that is disguised as a topic related to amateur radio. How deceitful! Take your posts to another platform that is much more open to your political views. Best of 73

KR3DX likes this.
  4. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Food for thought:

5. 3DA0AQ

3DA0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my youth I saw that one-third of the planet Mars was ice. Now there is no ice left. Who do you want to blame for that??

6. VE7DXW

VE7DXW Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not know why are you so angry? I did not even mention the word "Global Warming". You are putting words into my mouth...
    And yes it has a lot to do with Ham radio, because as the planet changes so will propagation!

Alex - VE7DXW

7. VE7DXW

When he was advocating for Nuclear Power you lost me... but he is a Physicist after all, so what can you expect... now the whole presentation looks like a big piece of F(l)ake News or Pseudoscience as he stated.
    Alex - VE7DXW

8. VE7DXW

You should check your facts on Mars!

9. K8JRG

K8JRG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure you knew someone would do so..

10. VE1ELK

VE1ELK Ham Member QRZ Page

hee hee and the main thing is...that this has been warming up for thousands or yrs a little bit at a time...another northern natural event is the forests that grow as the land is freed from ice and snow...when fires come about...this sends those types of green house gases around the area givin another percentage of a boost to the thawing of ice..so its all a natural cycle that we as humans may only be affecting just a little bit...and its been going on probably many times since the earths creation..73

11. VK3VM

VK3VM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I will accept global warming when someone can show me what the average temperature of the earth is supposed to be. I don't want an average over the past 30 years. I want the average over the last 4.5 billion years.[/QUOTE]

Crapola ! Distortion ! You know this is not possible - Doesn't the bible say that the earth is only 6500 years old ;-)

;-) Same Argument but thrown back....

No the Big Band occurred some 16 Billion years back, if you average numbers that people suggest around !

The Climate sceptic says yes temperatures on Earth (the planet Terra-3 by correct astro notation) were higher !

BUT !!!! The Earth was covered by vegetation then !

….

Back to subject - the index is useful for Ducting … but as to propagation - more to be researched !!!

12. AI2S

AI2S XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The article simply shows that there are scientific measurements being made which may be of use in ways yet unknown. Propagation affects may surface.

Climate change deniers should proudly have their views chiseled into their gravestone.
    Future generations will be awed by your ability to predict the future.
    You surely should want your great grandchildren to embrace your astounding ability to repel political influence from the ignorant scientists all of who were liberals.
    While scuba diving in the graveyard.