ad: MLSons-1

The QRZ 25th Anniversary Trivia Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Sep 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K5JKR

K5JKR Ham Member QRZ Page

Very interesting questions on the daily trivia. Thanks to all involved in coming up with the questions and the prizes!

2. OH6GZD

OH6GZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Today in quiz there was a question about who invented wireless telegraphy. I think the right answer should be Nikola Tesla according to a document about him at television.

KK4E and KG5ZLE like this.
  3. WF7BSR

WF7BSR Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a 'weekly' drawing in this sweepstakes...or just one at the end, in December? Thank you.

Never-mind...I see that it is listed elsewhere...should search better before asking dumb questions...sorry.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  4. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

Yesterday I sure had a problem trying to find out old a person in Russia must be to get a ham license!:)

5. DM4DS

DM4DS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Many thanks for this lession today. I learn and learn more every day :)

6. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

I love this event! It is a back to school experience for me. Thank you, also for keeping up this great website service.

7. W5HWU

W5HWU Ham Member QRZ Page

Very stimulating exercise, Fred. Thanks for the challenge. I learned a great deal about the early days of radio, the FCC the Titanic disaster, etc. Perhaps you will consider extending this examination as a permanent feature.
    Best wishes to all,
    Cecil Chaudoir
    W5HWU

WA6MHZ likes this.
  8. W5HWU

W5HWU Ham Member QRZ Page

9. VE6SH

VE6SH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In today's quiz the response to the question as to which former broadcaster is/was a licensed ham is incorrect. Peter Jennings, VE3SUN, is the IARU International Beacon Coordinator, not the former ABC news anchor (although that Jennings was a Canadian he was never licensed in Canada or the US).

Tim VE6SH

10. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

One of todays questions I answered correctly, but the test said I was wrong!!
    It asked about the Abbott TR-4. It was a 2 meter radio just before WW2 and just after the war. The question said it was a 5 meter radio!!! WRONG!!! it was 2 1/2 meters before WW2 and 2M afterward. I know this radio very well, I have SIX of them!!
    http://www.arts-attic.com/radio/abbott_tr4/tr4.htm
    Hams have never had access to the 5 meter band, which must be somewhere around 60MCs!
    [​IMG]

PD0JBV likes this.
  11. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

Correct, i was flabbergasted too ...

12. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Fortunately, you only need 1 answer correct to qualify for the drawing entry. I got the one about what state ARRL HQ is in right!

13. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Ham Member QRZ Page

My understanding that your score had nothing to do with getting entered into the contest. I read you can get 100% or 0% as long as you completed the test you were entered. Am I wrong?

John, WB0MPB

14. AK4XL

AK4XL Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad this isn't a license test! The only question I got right today was regarding ARRL membership.

15. SV2RCK

SV2RCK Ham Member QRZ Page

The correct answer about southernmost European country is Greece not Italy !
    Its island Gavdos https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavdos

Also Spain and Malta are two different countries !

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    N0CEL, YO6DDF, WB0MPB and 2 others like this.