ad: cq2k-1

The FCC fights back!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5TXR, Sep 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

HERE! HERE!!!!! Well done, FCC!!!!

W5TXR likes this.
  2. AE8W

AE8W Ham Member QRZ Page

The one statement that is missing is that amateur radio operators, being Federally licensed, are ulitmately responsible for using radios that are compliant.

Add that statement and things would change.

AC0OB, W8LGZ, WB7OXP and 1 other person like this.
  3. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

They're Part 90 certified? Good for you. Too bad they're not PART 97 CERTIFIED!!!!! Are you sure you're licensed?

AC0OB and WQ4G like this.
  4. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh boy. Who wants first crack at this one?

W6SAE, KC3LVA, AC7DD and 12 others like this.
  5. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

would it not be simpler, to examine all ht radios enters the US ??, here in the uk theres a tv programme called "border force US" which follows umpteen different federal groups ,intercepting drugs/guns/and all other manner of contraband goods, surely these radios enter the US via containers, why are they examined/seized at port of docking ??, shutting the door after the proverbial horse has bolted methinks, just my 2 pence worth

6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

This reminds me of 10 years ago, when those PRC hand held jammers were making the rounds-- and within 6 months they were squashed.

7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

We can't even stop semi trailers full of people

AB3QD, K2LED, W5CJA and 8 others like this.
  8. KI4PT

KI4PT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Where do you think that the high cost Yaesu's and the rest come from? China of course. I bought a yaesu dual band and later a tyt dual band and guess what? They were identical.

N9JML, MM0HVU, KF7PCL and 1 other person like this.
  9. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Why should they, our corrupt gummint gives it to them

AC0OB, KF7PCL and KA4JCD like this.
  10. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not sure if you're serious, but Part 97 (Amateur Radio) doesn't have Type Acceptance (they are not "certified") like LMR, GMRS, MURS, CB, etc. (Part 90, 95 Sub E, 95, and 95 again). As hams, WE are responsible for the radios emissions, as we can build our own and put them on the air.

Using a Part 90 radio in the Amateur Service (Part 97) is completely acceptable, legal, and popular - so long as the radio conforms to the Part 97 rules, and if it meets Part 90, it meets Part 97 (unless it's broken - again, our responsibility to know).

For example my Baofeng VU-5R+ has an FCC Part 90 Type acceptance ID of ZP5BF-5R, which can be looked up on the FCC's database here: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/tcb/repo...n_id=n+gY1ooaqEevhls5IkVd1g==&fcc_id=ZP5BF-5R

Which brings me to.... My Baofeng VU-5R+ is Part 90 Type accepted.

W6SAE, K6NG, W5CJA and 8 others like this.
  11. KB0HAW

KB0HAW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm all for the FCC bringing this down. While they are at it, how about the "Part 97" radios sold as 10/12 Meter radios on eBay and Amazon, and many others. These are NOT 10 Meter ham radios, they are illegal outband, or "FreeBand" CB radios with channel numbers 1 through 40, with "Band Ranges" that can cover from 24-36MHz, sold as "Ham Radios".
    https://www.copperelectronics.com/cart/Radios/10-Meter-Radios/10-Meter-Mobile-Radios

Also, linear amplifiers that work on the 27-29 MHZ band are illegal, and yet a quick google search brings up:
    http://www.jokermanelectronics.com/texas-star/
    and
    https://www.copperelectronics.com/cart/CW-Amps/Amps

"CW Units".... hilarious, yet not funny.

KN4PHS likes this.
  12. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks for the heads up. i will have to order a few more while i still can.... the 35 dollar radios totally rock.... need to stock up now...

W6SAE, K5KB, N9JML and 2 others like this.
  13. N0AMY

oh quit crying .. look in your own back yard at 3.840... get a life .. no wonder the hobby is dying...

CT7ANU likes this.
  14. N0AMY

get a life and quit crying about what everyone else is doing... maybe the so called big 5 should lower their prices ... it is called competition..

W6SAE, W4LLZ, AB3QD and 1 other person like this.
  15. N0AMY

W6SAE, KC5AKB, N9JML and 1 other person like this.