ad: k1jek

The HF Oracle Prognostication for Solar Cycle 25

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KQ6XA, Sep 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    What the "Ol'Broad" should have said in a "NUTSHELL" is: SORRY BOYZ (DXers) but you thought CYCLE (24) WAS BAD??? IT WON'T GET ANY BETTER WITH CYCLE (25)!!!
    Maybe it will be WRITTEN: 100YR SOLAR SUNSPOT (NEGATIVE) IS UPON US!!! But hey guys, DON'T STOP CALLING CQ, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MAY SNAG!!! :)

KQ6XA likes this.
  2. N3EG

N3EG Ham Member QRZ Page

No. Just no.
    It will be double peaked, first peak higher, overall lower than cycle 24. The peaks will be spread farther apart.

AK5B, KQ6XA and NL7W like this.
  3. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Entertaining Bonnie, thanks.

1. Build better antennas
    2. Play radio
    3. Quit griping and make QSOs

KJ7MX, AK5B, VE3EWN and 1 other person like this.
  4. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

Petty grievances are customarily brought before The Ancient Order Of The High Frequency Nuns, in the anechoic chamber of The Observatory, on each Solar Eclipse day of the Solar Cycle.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  5. ZS1ZC

ZS1ZC Ham Member QRZ Page

That lady Bonnie sure has a "sunny" disposition...:)

KQ6XA and AK5B like this.
  6. KA4DPO

KA4DPO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Well thanks for the gloomy prediction Bonnie. :( I suppose I will have to resign myself to 160 meter CW for the duration.:D

KQ6XA, W4HM and AK5B like this.
  7. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If a solar minimum is deep enough galactic cosmic rays more frequently penetrate into the the suns heliosphere and then into earths ionosphere increasing absorption of RF as it traverses the D layer both day and night. This can make radio wave propagation especially poor on 160 meters during solar minimum.

This was observed during solar minimum between solar cycle 23 and 24. It was a real bummer.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  8. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Damn Tom !!! You just proved "NO BAND IS SAFE !!! :)

9. 2E0VDF

2E0VDF Ham Member QRZ Page

I need to invent canned Ionisphere............simply spray some on your antenna! Ok, I'll get my coat :oops:

KQ6XA likes this.
  10. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

It's called DX Spray and is an instant, bi-directional 6 dB improvement.

2E0VDF likes this.
  11. K5VOU

K5VOU Ham Member QRZ Page

Also satellites :)

AK5B likes this.
  12. KN0JI

KN0JI Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello, Bonnie! My I please re-print your Oracle Prognostication of 2018 for Solar Cycle 25 graph in our club newsletter? We're the Utah Valley Amateur Radio Club.

Thanks,
    Noji Ratzlaff KNØJI
    801-368-1865

KQ6XA likes this.
  13. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

@KQ6XA - I too would like to publish with my club (Radio Club of Tacoma - I'm prez). Would like to post your graph as well as your Arcane Language Dissertations

Let me know...

Dave
    W7UUU

KQ6XA likes this.
  14. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

Permission and license is freely given for anyone to reprint or re-publish this article, including the image.
    It is published under Creative Commons license CC-BY-SA.
    Author = Bonnie Crystal KQ6XA

Scribe and Chronicler for The High Frequency Oracle

K2NCC and W7UUU like this.
  15. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you, dear Madam Scribe and Chronicler

Dave
    W7UUU

KQ6XA likes this.