ad: M2Ant-1

The QRZ 25th Anniversary Trivia Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Sep 5, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

We're celebrating our 25th anniversary with a huge amateur radio equipment giveaway.

QRZ is very thankful for the wonderful support the worldwide amateur community has provided over these two and a half decades. To celebrate our success, QRZ has teamed up with GigaParts, Yaesu, and other generous sponsors who are providing us with a great batch of prizes to be given away to a few lucky QRZ members.

Entering the sweepstakes is easy - simply visit our newly designed Trivia Challenge page and complete the daily quiz. Each time you complete the daily quiz, your call will be entered into the sweepstakes. It's as simple as that. Your trivia scores are not used in the sweepstakes, only the number of quizzes that you've completed. You may play the quiz and enter once per day until the main sweepstakes drawing on December 5, 2018.

No purchase or subscription of any kind is required to participate. Buying a subscription or any product or service from QRZ or any of its advertisers or sponsors will NOT increase your chances of winning. This sweepstakes is designed for your fun and enjoyment, and potentially a great prize.

You can enter the sweepstakes now by going to The QRZ 25th Anniversary Trivia page

For a complete rundown on the rules and eligibility requirements, please visit the Sweepstakes Rules page.

We hope that everyone has fun and best wishes to all. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2018
    ZS1NM, KI7PMQ, W0GE and 43 others like this.
  2. EB1BSV

EB1BSV QRZ Lifetime Member #59 Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hello Fred,

Great idea!
    I replied some question and found it really funny :D

73, Julio

W1BIQ likes this.
  3. KB8UUZ

KB8UUZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Super - another reason to visit one of my favorite sites on the web - every day - QRZ.COM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats again on 25 and a big Thanks for giving us something to have fun with.
    73, Parky - KB8UUZ

KB7OM, KW3U, KA4FXC and 3 others like this.
  4. N8QQE

N8QQE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Things just get better and better around here... Thanks, Fred! :)

Good luck to all of you!

W2CSI likes this.
  5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

THIS thread is COOL :cool:
    Thanks Fred & Co., & happy SILVER anniversary :)

KB7OM and AK5B like this.
  6. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

7. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish my quiz score was higher... I forgot or wasn't taught much of that ancient tube stuff from yesteryear's yesteryear!
    Still, I score higher than most. :rolleyes:

8. WA8MEA

WA8MEA Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish there was a way to challenge the "correct" answer to a question.

KC5MO, W6LEO, N8QZH and 13 others like this.
  9. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"The ZED getting better every day"

NL7W likes this.
  10. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

We're actually looking for someone to edit and approve the trivia questions. All questions were submitted by QRZ members, but many need to be edited, corrected, and proofread.

The QRZ Volunteer Staff needs a Trivia Manager!

If you are or know of someone who has a lot of ham radio knowledge and has good writing and grammar skills, please send them to me!

email: aa7bq@qrz.com if you're interested.

YV6CA, W5COV, K7RMJ and 7 others like this.
  11. AB9TX

AB9TX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes I second third and 4th that- congrats QRZ on your 25th anniversary - and thank you for a great place for hams..

12. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

With sincerity, may I suggest your resident in-house expert and once-again volunteer moderator, Glen, K9STH.
    I cannot think of a better person for that job. :)

K1OIK and KF5RRF like this.
  13. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Boy did I blow it yesterday!
    Didn't see the "continue" button, Doh
    Jon

14. N3RMC

N3RMC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Pull this quiz until you have some QC. PSK31 is not a rare asian dx station .

NK2U, WQ4G, N2NWS and 8 others like this.
  15. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

A new. rare, DX station in Asia. Station ID as PSK31

N8FGB and WA8MEA like this.