ad: Radclub22-1

Yaesu to release 200W and 100W HF SDR Transceivers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Aug 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

Won't matter if they just release another useless crap touch screen transceiver which removed me from the market of buying a New ICOM ever gain. :(

Clayton
    W4KVW

K5KNV, AK5B and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  2. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry OM, but your last transmission was incoherent. Try switching out of Class A mode and kicking in the 200 watt mode. Better yet, let’s table this discussion until the propagation forecast calls for a lower obfuscation index. 73!

Soliloquy: “Wow, was that a weird QSO or what?! Let’s give the VFO a good spin and see if we can find any signs of intelligent life out there…”

3. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Simply untrue.

4. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's all I needed to know. I'm not buying it.

2E0EUG and NU9S like this.
  5. W5LMM

W5LMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

FINALLY!!!! Yay Yaesu!!! Now I can sell my Flex (awful support) and get a Yaesu.

VK6APZ/SK2022 likes this.
  6. SA1CKE

SA1CKE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Why do car manufacturers have different models?

AG7JQ and AK5B like this.
  7. K3SSB

K3SSB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

ICOM has nothing to worry about...

N0YPD and N4AWP like this.
  8. N8DC

N8DC Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen..
    Dave N8DC

W4KVW likes this.
  9. SV3IRG

SV3IRG Ham Member QRZ Page

R.I.P ICOM KENWOOD etc....
    Amen..

VK6APZ/SK2022 likes this.
  10. N2SLO

N2SLO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just what we need- less MFGs of radios- so the choices will decrease and prices will rise. We need more choices and more radios- this will drive prices down and the market (supply and demand) will decide the price.

I have two Icom radios and I also have a Yaesu. And you know what--- due to the overshoot problem with my Icom 9100 I have issues using my $3K 144 kilowatt Beko amplifier. BUT, I can use my
    old 736R that is like 20+ years old and it works great. I say keep these radios coming I may even buy an SDR the 9700 is coming and I hope they solve the overshoot problem.

K5KNV, NL7W and AK5B like this.
  11. KC2TE

KC2TE Ham Member QRZ Page

This is insane is a all out war,bet yaesu and icom they make a new radio and withing few weeks they come out with a new
    version, and those that they want to be on top , well they are throwing the money down the drain.there fore they making them rich
    and enjoying the war who is going to make more $$ in this insane war. BE WISE..

KC2TE

12. NO20CALLSIG

NO20CALLSIG Guest

looks like a FTDX 1200 0r 3000 , hope the waterfall is better on these SDR radios , I wonder what the retailprice will be , but as one can see SDR radios are taking over , I wonder what Kenwood is doing about SDR , let the price-battle between Icom and Yaesu begin

13. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Knobs or lack thereof do not define an SDR. ;)

AA7VA, KM5BOR, KA0HCP and 2 others like this.
  14. K7LZR

K7LZR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like a nice enough modern radio to preserve the FT-101x linage but no matter what they come up with it will NEVER be the same because it was as much the era as it was the equipment. I doubt that very many of the new rigs will gain a cult following of such magnitude
    as their forerunners of yesteryear.

But I am glad to see that in 2018 amateur radio is still important enough to Yaesu, Icom, and Kenwood that they continue to produce new models :).

VK6APZ/SK2022, W7TRD, KA2K and 8 others like this.
  15. KK6GBY

KK6GBY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a defining factor but a characteristic.

AK5B likes this.