ad: elecraft

New Commander of US Naval Submarine Forces

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W3WN, Aug 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. DL8FBI

DL8FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

Why? What does your statement say, nothing. A few more details are helpful to understand your opinion.

2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

SUBS K1LKP 1.jpg
    ===================== SUBS K1LKP 2.jpg
    SUBS K1LKP 3.jpg
    SUBS K1LKP 3 + +.jpg
    =============================== SUBS K1LKP 4.jpg

3. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

WWI and WWII. Need more details? Oh, I forgot those events have been erased there.

NU4R likes this.
  4. KS4TD

KS4TD Ham Member QRZ Page

That would make one heck of a maritime mobile contact! Congrats to the good admiral from an old artillery grunt.

K9ASE and NU4R like this.
  5. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hey.....artillery rocks.

Jim, WQ2H

KS4TD likes this.
  6. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

A curious question

7. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

you & your country can scrap all yours then

like the 2nd amendment Id rather have it and not need, than to need & not have

WB0MPB, W4ABC, NU4R and 1 other person like this.
  8. KT6L

KT6L Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry but cannot recall which country was the first to introduce submarine warfare to international warfare? Oh ja, jetzt erinnere Ich mich, dass es Deutschland war ... diese Idee ist nicht gut

NU4R likes this.
  9. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess I'm pretty happy that the Zed allows us to carry on about the Silent Service! It's kinda cool to see a fellow ham accomplish the things Admiral Richard has done! It is a great responsibility, but it's a lot easier when you have quality people working for you .... and trust me ... the guys who make those great ships go are HIGH QUALITY! Just sayin'.

10. K7ART

K7ART Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

He is a high profile ham.

I'd rather have a smart ham in command than a dumb CB'er;-)

AA1PR likes this.
  12. AA4MB

AA4MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I thought that at first, too - but then noticed the Admiral is a ham with a 1X3 call sign. You know ... 'ham radio operator makes good and accomplishes being promoted to a very high position.' That's why I think it's here. Or perhaps whoever posted it didn't see enough geopolitical and anti-military comments in QRZ, so they decided to toss out some troll bait.

No, I think it's probably the former. It always amazes me how a posting can be taken south at the drop of a hat and twisted into an argument about this or that.

13. N4KC

N4KC Ham Member QRZ Page

Love it! It appears he is an active ham and will now head the most powerful military deterrent we have going for us. Remember that old list of famous hams that was available on the web? Looks as if we need to add a name...and call sign.

Don N4KC
    www.donkeith.com
    www.n4kc.com

14. N0KEW

N0KEW BANNED QRZ Page

Good for the admiral or whatever. I know nothing about him but I hope and pray he had qualifications other than ham radio.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  15. KF7KBS

KF7KBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Part of what you say is true, but when you say that all they have to do is pop up and fire their nuclear missile is wrong. The Ohio class Submarine is capable of launching from under water. I know this for a fact for I am a plank owner for the USS Ohio and sailed on her thru out her sea trials and on her first mission.

Jerry KF7KBS

K0DD and WD3N like this.