ad: elecraft

New Commander of US Naval Submarine Forces

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W3WN, Aug 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

KA2PTE, KB1PJL, KB1NIJ and 20 others like this.
  2. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The best offense is a good defense.

Not only a ham, but a FlexRadio guy ! Godspeed to the Admiral.

Jim, WQ2H

W6DRO, N5SUN, AA1PR and 2 others like this.
  3. K4IIN

K4IIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Not true. With the advent of hypersonic missles, all surface ships are sitting ducks. The stealthy submarine is the only truly viable deterence we have. In WW2 it was the battleship that went obsolete in favor of the aircraft carriers. Today, the carriers are sitting ducks, and only the subs will survive a REAL battle. If anything, scrap the carriers.

KX4WAR, K9ASE, KG5FZ and 7 others like this.
  4. G4LZD/SK2023

G4LZD/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

DONT SCRAP ANYTHING!!! - remember WWII. To save money, everything was run down both sides of the pond then the war broke out and it was a race to get on a par with the enemy

KX4WAR, K9ASE, KG5FZ and 9 others like this.
  5. KM9R

KM9R Ham Member QRZ Page

A survivor of the patriot Rickover interview. That in itself is a lifetime achievement. Kickass Vice Adm Richards.

KX4WAR, KC1HLU, N5XBS and 9 others like this.
  6. HS0ZIV

HS0ZIV Ham Member QRZ Page

What has his job and your answers to do with HAM RADIO?????

ER1LG, WB7TIM, AE4DL and 3 others like this.
  7. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well .... some pretty good DE boats come out of DL-land .... kind of expensive, tho ...

8. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

You might want to check again... A large portion of the U.S.'s Nuclear Arsenal is carried on Submarines. And, for obvious reasons. They are hidden most of the time and can pop up, fire a Nuclear missile, and submerge out of site again. Try a google search for 'Ohio Class Submarines'...

Dan KI4AX

AB4BH, K9ASE, KG5FZ and 4 others like this.
  9. W8BKM

W8BKM Ham Member QRZ Page

Opinions on the efficacy of submarines aside, I appreciate QRZ making us aware of the good Admiral. An ex Navy Nuke myself, it is great to see a fellow ham doing this important work.

Bob
    W8BKM

KX4WAR, KB1NIJ, AB4BH and 13 others like this.
  10. WU6X

WU6X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome aboard, Admiral Richard, and thank you for your service. Please disregard some of the ignorant and uninformed comments on this board ... it's hard to fix stupid! I hope to work you sometime ... probably not from your boat? 73, Dennis, WU6X

KX4WAR, K6JJR, KC2LEB and 13 others like this.
  11. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's very nice work Vice Admiral Richard. And a Ham TOO... Congratulations!

KB5CQT likes this.
  12. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, there's no need for submarines. The Russians are our friends. They wouldn't dream of trying to wipe out our bombers and land based missiles with a first strike, would they? :rolleyes:

NA4RA and WN1MB like this.
  13. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Some countries can’t be responsible with such weapons. I give you Germany as an example.

NU4R, WN1MB and ND6M like this.
  14. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too.
    Bob, Do you also get a laugh when some people on here tell how hard it was to actually have to draw a simple schematic when they were being stared down by the mean FCC examiner?

15. W8DEA

W8DEA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I too met Rickover in Holyloch 1971 . I was assigned to SubRon 14 but was a surface sailor. Not a bubblehead . Subs will always be the ace in the hole .