ad: chuckmartin

OLDEST HAM at 106 IS GUEST ON HAM NATION

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K9EID/SK2024, Jul 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K9EID/SK2024

K9EID/SK2024 QRZ Lifetime Member #477 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Cliff Kayhart, W4KKP will be with Bob Heil, K9EID on Ham Nation this Wednesday. Cliff is very active on the air with his 706 and Tokyo Highpower amplifier. He will relate the story of how he was chosen to go to Iwo Jima and erect the antennas directed to the San Francisco, CHina and the Pentagon. As he proclaims "They worked!". Fascinating intervew you will not want to miss.

Ham Nation is a weekly HD videocast on the TWIT network of Leo Laporte. Airs live each Wednesday at 8 pm CST. Search for Ham Nation to see this and all of the other 360 programs.

Attached Files:

PY2RN, 2E0EUG, K5VPC and 21 others like this.
  2. K4AVU/SK2023

K4AVU/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

I live about 15 miles from Cliff. I have eaten lunch with him on several occasions. He is a very interesting telling stories from the past. Paul K4AVU

2E0EUG, KD2LMR, KD2PPY and 1 other person like this.
  3. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ham radio is a tonic for life! Great hearing of this op.

KD2PPY and VE3GZB like this.
  4. KF7WAG

KF7WAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Licenced for 81 year’s, Nice.

AD0WW, KD2PPY and VE3GZB like this.
  5. PU1MHA

PU1MHA Ham Member QRZ Page

These guys had no or few tools or resources, compared to nowadays...
    Even today, due to customization or short money, we have to develop and make our own tools or devices.
    Congratz, W4KKP Mr. Cliff Kayhart. We honor you and we will tell stories about you.
    Best regards from Brazil.

K4BBN, K7OR, KD2PPY and 2 others like this.
  6. KV4WM

KV4WM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had the pleasure of many QSO's with Cliff, he also checks into our SC SSB TRAFFIC NET on 3.915 Mhz from time to time. Cliff it is always a pleasure talking with you,
    Respectfully, Dennis, Goose Creek, SC

KD2PPY and W2CSI like this.
  7. AI1G

AI1G XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have had the pleasure of talking with Cliff and I'm glad to see he's still doing okay. 73 to the senior operator.

AI6XN and KD2PPY like this.
  8. VE3JAR

VE3JAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Checked my Log and found I worked Cliff on JT65

KD2PPY likes this.
  9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice to know that hams of that age are not only still operating but also using modern modes! :)

KD2PPY likes this.
  10. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to this episode of Ham Nation.

KD2PPY likes this.
  11. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If I should live so long, ham radio will probably be a little chip behind your ear, connected directly to your brain. If they still have QRM, that will really be a headache!

12. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

What's freaky is when you talk to people this old, and when they were young, they knew old people who'd remembered the US Civil War.

KB0FKT and W4LJ like this.
  13. KD2IWN

KD2IWN Ham Member QRZ Page

I always enjoy watching these episodes with these great Elmers that have so many stories and wisdom to pass on to us either just in our first five years or a seasoned veteran.

14. 2I0KIC

2I0KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Keith, Hope your keeping well, And what ever your doing keep it up as its working well for you.
    TAKE CARE YOU AND YOURS 73s GOD BLESS.
    KEVIN

KC9ARP likes this.
  15. KK4AGN

KK4AGN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My husband Gary and I (KK4AGN) so enjoyed our visit with Cliff W4KKP who lives in White Rock, SC, December 2017 when I interviewed him for a newsletter article for the Anderson Radio Club's newsletter. Cliff told us very interesting stories about his background in amateur radio. The three of us were amazed that Cliff graduated from the same high school that my husband and I graduated from 31 years later at Boonton High School, Boonton NJ. My article about Cliff is in the June 2018 QST magazine. I'll be listening tonight for Ham Nation's interview with Cliff Kayhart, W4KKP. Margie Spangenberg, KK4AGN

Attached Files:

KC9ARP and KD2PPY like this.