ad: TinyPaddle-1

A 10 year-old F4 operator !

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by F4HZN, Jul 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. F4HZN

F4HZN Ham Member QRZ Page

dear OMs et YLs,

after working hard for some months (see videos enclosed), my 10 year-old son Tristan has just succeeded with the F4 exam in France, the CEPT licence which will allow him to use all bands, modes and so on.
    You may then hear a little voice in a a few weeks on HF when he receives the official callsign.
    He is looking forward to DXing, after having been an avid listener over the last couple of years.

All the best from F4HZN Laurent and Tristan F4IC... something

https://youtu.be/rsvFlsgweOU

K1XS, W5BIB, W2VW and 2 others like this.
  2. M0DPX

M0DPX Ham Member QRZ Page

Well done Tristan on gaining your licence, if i hear you on the bands i will certainly give you a call. :)

F4HZN likes this.
  3. F4HZN

Thank you ! He has just got his callsign : F4IDC; I will open a QRZ page for him in the coming days... 73s

W5BIB likes this.
  4. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

C'est bon, Tristan!

F4HZN likes this.
  5. F4WBW

F4WBW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, I'm super impressed! It may not be DX in terms of distance, but let us know when Tristan is going to be on the air and what band, and I'll certainly be on the outlook for him. Féliciations, Tristan - et à bientôt aux ondes.

F4HZN likes this.
  6. F4HZN

Merci cher OM !
    73s

7. F4HZN

Thanks dear fellow F4 !
    He has his own shack, QRV on 20 metres (homebrew dipole), 2m and 70cm.
    From my shack, he will be able to transmit on 80m, 40m, 17m and 10m, not bad, isnt it?

To start with, on Sunday 5th of August, he will be taking part in a local QSO on 80m at 9am on 3624 KHz.

All the best.
    (merci, au plaisir)

8. F4IDC

F4IDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, this is Tristan. I am now QRV under F4IDC.
    I will be QRV 20 metres every day this summer.
    80 metres on Sunday mornings for local nets +VHF/UHF.

73s.

9. F4WBW

Let me just mention for the US hams reading this that in France there is only one level of ham license. Basically, the exam that Tristan passed is the equivalent of the US Extra exam, cause that's the only one on offer here. Let that sink in a little bit.

I do hope we'll be seeing a piece in the REF magazine soon about Tristan and his new license. They've been moaning about the lack of new young hams in France, and this is precisely the sort of thing we need! Congratulations again, Tristan. And if I don't catch you tomorrow on the QSO, I'll try and find you on 20 metres some time next week.

F4IDC likes this.
  10. F4WBW

Heard you this morning as you signed in to the QSO but unfortunately, you were drowned out by QRM in various languages. Will look for you on 20 meters in the coming days. Stay cool until this heat wave breaks!

F4IDC likes this.
  11. F4IDC

F4IDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you ! No problem. I will hear you on 20 metres.
    73s.
    Tristan, F4IDC