ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

Once I decoded a report from them, the software controlled my TX down into the sub-1000 to finish. But it moved it down so far that my radio has almost no output power. So I lost the contact. This happened FIVE times in two days! It looks like I'm going to miss out because the program wants to complete around 250hz and not 550hz. Oh well.

2. W9MO

W9MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you would have had FAKE IT enabled along with rig control then WSJT-X would have shifted your transmit frequency so that it would have stayed withing the passband of your radio's transmit filter.

ND6M likes this.
  3. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

My radio is nearly as old as I am. Unfortunately no computer rig control. I did end up getting a contact on 17m where my radio has nearly full power across the waterfall.

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

That the point of the FAKE IT option, it keep rigs like yours above 1000 Hz while in the Hound mode.:)

5. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

And how does FAKE IT work? I just said that my rig has NO input for WSJT-X to control the frequency!

6. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

56 page manual to run a stupid program.

7. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Think you have to run split...

SelectNone if you do not want WSJT-X to change the radio's Mode setting. Split ... Select Rig to use the radio's Split mode, or Fake It to have WSJT-X adjust the VFO frequency as needed, when T/R switching occurs.