ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So far that has been what the KH7Z DX expedition has been!!! did anyone look at their Band Plan :(

2. W9MO

W9MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It would really be nice if the folks would download the latest version of WSJT-X and read the Online User Guide before transmitting.

KG5THG likes this.
  3. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree!

I created a separate configuration with their published frequencies and set to 'Hound' mode so I could quickly switch back and forth.

The frustrating part is people blindly calling KH7Z when the DXpedition is NOT calling CQ - I don't understand that.

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

... and the BOZO calling them (blind) one Kc up.:mad:

5. N7XCZ

Yea the FT8 is a mess so was the CW portion a lot of people on their calling frequency 20 meter side band was not bad, I'm going to be on staycation for 5 days plenty of time to work em
    and figure out this FT8 Dx expedition format I do not have CAT so I am hoping to figure out a work around if there is one.

6. N7XCZ

I can’t use CAT control; can I still work the Fox? With some extra effort and inconvenience, yes. Select your initial Tx frequency somewhere in the range 1000 – 4000 Hz where you know you can transmit. When Fox sends you a signal report, immediately change your audio Tx frequency to something below in the range 300 – 900 Hz, and send your Tx3 message there.

Further Reading revealed this there is Hope:)

7. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't do that,........................ just enable the "FAKE IT" mode.

If you TX in the 300 - 900 Hz area, you will NOT be acknowledged... and you will make a lot of enemies too

8. K9RX

K9RX Ham Member QRZ Page

as ND6M said this is ALL automatic! Read the DXp mode manual!!! Set FAKE, set HOUND ... and it's all taken care of. Just select a frequency above 1000Hz and if the FOX calls you the program will automatically change frequency and coordinate the contact. Simple as it can be.

ND6M likes this.
  9. W9MO

W9MO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

I worked Baker Island on 30m FT8 using the hound mode with no issues. Reading the instructions and you can do the same.

ND6M likes this.
  10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, I also worked them on 30, just after local sunrise, was still on my first cup of coffee:D

11. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here, except it was on 40 phone. Good coffee!

ND6M likes this.
  12. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

wish it would work on my WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP!!! It works for a short while and then locks up the computer

13. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That is EXACTLY WHY I refuse to use computer logging!! I use Paper ONLY!!! If I had a computer error, the logbook file could be ALL GONE!!!!

If someone broke into my house, the LOGBOOK would be the very LAST THING he would take.
    Conversely, if there is an Approaching firestorm and I have to Evacuate, the LOGBOOK and QSL BOOK are the first things I carry out the door. Then I come back for the cats

14. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

And once that's done, you finally return for the Nun :D:D

Dave
    W7UUU

15. KG5THG

KG5THG Ham Member QRZ Page

Watching them for the first time on 17m tonight. I'm amazed at how many didn't read the ft8 contact instructions.

ND6M likes this.