ad: MyersEng-1

Sharon M. Huneycutt, KM4SH, Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4EPH, Jun 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K4EPH

K4EPH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

With much regret, i wish to let the ham radio world know that my wife, Sharon M. Huneycutt, KM4SH, passed away on October 26, 2016 as a result of metastasized colon cancer. Sharon was 75 years old. We had been married for just short of 21 years. I miss her every day.

ASIIMG_2171 altered & cropped.jpg

Sharon was not an electronics expert, but she studied long and hard, passing her Technician Exam in January, 2013; her General Exam in April, 2013 and her Extra Exam in July, 2015. I urged her to take the Extra in 2014, she didn't pass, and chewed me out about pressuring her to take the exam before she was ready. The next time she tried it, she passed.

Sharon initially became interested in ham radio in 2012 as a result of prepping and wanting to have some way to contact people in the event of a catastrophic event. She grew to love the hobby for itself and participated as a member of our local radio club, Ellijay Amateur Radio Society (EARS), in Ellijay, GA. She acted as net control on our weekly 2m net from time to time; she participated in such public service events as the Georgia Death Race and the Georgia Jewel 100 mile race.

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sincerely sorry for your loss.
    Non "electronic people" who gained not only an amateur license but Advanced or Extra licenses always amazed me.
    That took dedication.

3. K4EPH

Thank you for the kind words, Charlie. I really appreciate them.

4. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Sincere Condolences.

I have Honored your Wife's memory by changing her QRZ page to show she is Silent Key.

5. K4EPH

Thank you. I couldn't figure out how to do that.

K2HAT likes this.
  6. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

One of the QRZ helpers or Moderators has to do that.

I am honored to be able to help, sorry for your loss. :(