ad: M2Ant-1

Jeri Ellsworth, AI6TK is interviewed by Tim Duffy, K3LR

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, Jun 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeri Ellsworth, AI6TK is interviewed by Tim Duffy, K3LR from DX Engineering while at Contest University in Dayton, Ohio on May 17, 2018.

Jeri talks about her life long hobby which turned into a very successful career in electronics. Jeri says she is really having fun with amateur radio. Check out her home made loop on QRZ.com

W8DVE, W7XLR, KC6KNL and 17 others like this.
  2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Good interview with her on the Amp Hour Podcast as well -- more candid and uncensored.

W9MRH likes this.
  3. AI6TK

AI6TK Ham Member QRZ Page

This was the first time I got to spend more than 10 seconds with Tim. He's a super super nice guy.

K8XG, N2NH, AI6XN and 15 others like this.
  4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Love your stock car videos and sense of humor about the plumbers crack:D:eek: It is good to see a good looking woman (dont take that as sexist) that enjoys getting her hands dirty and has the knowledge to do things auto racing related. There are more and more showing up in this area including restoration work on their own vehicles.

BTW Im also a Miller welder fan having tried most of the others; still have MIG, TIG, gas, and stick equipment. Plus a Henrob 2000 for plasma like cutting, light sheet metal for repairs, customizing, hammer welding, etc; it also does excellent on cast aluminum repairs such as vintage intake manifolds.

I combined ham radio, RF engineering, and performance cars from factory to home made frames for street rods/T Buckets, antiques, muscles, etc. and a couple of old school "Altereds" for the drags. Started driving stock cars in 1957 at 16 (with a phony NY State License which cost $10) on the 1/5 mile at Freeport NY and later at the Pines in MA and Epping, Hudson, and Star in NH into the 80's and the vintage drags at Epping until a few years ago. Long retired but I do get to the reunions when I can and usually held on a cruise night weekend. Learned gas and stick welding while in HS at my best friends dad and uncles autobody shop. Learned more in the USN and then took a few courses years later for MIG and TIG.

Enjoy the project.

Carl

5. KM4NOW

KM4NOW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You're my idol, Jeri! Hope to see you back on the Youtube one day!

6. US4ET

US4ET Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE = "KM4NOW, post: 4697455, участник: 767735"] Ты мой кумир, Джери! Надеюсь увидеть вас на Youtube в один прекрасный день! [/ QUOTE]
    Jari Many THANK !!!Victor US4ET 73!!!

7. US4ET

US4ET Ham Member QRZ Page

Jari THANK.s !!!VICTOR US4ET 73!!!

8. VE3GZB

VE3GZB Ham Member QRZ Page

I've seen some of your other videos, you make quite the good impression with your clear understanding of electronics. Quite a breath of fresh air in this stale old bickering world! Keep up the good work!

73s de VE3GZB

9. AI6TK

AI6TK Ham Member QRZ Page

I currently have a lot of Miller welding gear but I have to say my older 250 amp Hobart was better, because it was contiuously variable power. Only a few dozen power settings on my current rig kinda stinks. :)

10. AG6ZZ

AG6ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoyed meeting you, Jeri, at the ham convention in Visalia a few months back. Say, when will you make Part 2 of you magnetic loop video?

11. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont remember the current Millers and previous model/makes # as Ive changed over the years as belly up auctions and storage facilities clean out non payers. My ancient 295A Lincoln stick welder made for Montgomery Ward is the only thing I trust for suspension and steering work plus heavy truck frames and have had it since buying it used in Chicago in the early 70's. Dont remember ever using it at full ratings but Ive run some long beads well over the high amp ranges 20% rating without overheating.
    This is an Internet photo, mine looks a lot more used.

Carl
    [​IMG]

12. KD5OM

KD5OM Premium Subscriber

I wish we had more young people like you.

W1YW likes this.
  13. KJ7WT

KJ7WT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! What an amazing person! Smart, talented, and articulate - a great ambassador for not only ham radio, but STEM in general. Enjoyed the interview very much.

W1YW likes this.
  14. WU8Y

WU8Y Ham Member QRZ Page

What is THAT supposed to mean?

15. WB8LBZ/SK2023

WB8LBZ/SK2023 Ham Member QRZ Page

I watched part one of the magnetic loop video and spent a great deal of time looking for part 2. I saw this interview before it was posted on QRZ. Did you call your Stargate Loop video by a different name? Has it not been released yet?

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX