ad: portazero-1

Politico Article Raises Concerns of Amateur Radio Parity Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W0PV, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well that doesn't somehow make their concerns legitimate especially as it pertains to any written rules and regulations at an HOA.

Of course if it were to become a civil matter, a Judge would throw it out in short order if the case was presented on those grounds, especially if there's a law permitting the antenna to be there.

So you can't take people to court and expect to win anything simply because they think antenna's are "evil."

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. WB2KSP

WB2KSP Ham Member QRZ Page

And certain minorities lower property values. What will they do?, what will they do? They'll maybe learn that their fear was misplaced and learn to live in the real world. Being married to an attorney I will state that most lawyers on opposing sides discus cases with their opponents prior to litigation. Any decent lawyer would attempt to settle a case outside of court. The "demonization" of ham radio operators we read about from the anti group is just a matter of their own imagination. If an antenna is professionally installed and properly maintained, the average person could care less. Most people live their own lives. They don't spend their days thinking about ways to make their neighbors lives miserable.

N5PZJ likes this.
  3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like you might not pass any test on the content of this legislation...

Neither the anticipated legislation nor any FCC regs will dictate what an HOA MUST do approve antennas. Rather all this might do is to determine HOW to regulate antennas.

4. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ school of law is holding final exams!!!

K3BR likes this.
  5. K1VSK

It appears you are the only person saying that
    Where did you read that? I've read through everything here and can't find anyone demonizing hams. In fact, the only one demonizing anyone or being condescending here is @N5PZJ when anyone disagrees with or corrects him. Is you imagination always so vivid?

"could care less'" is quite correct although I infer you mistakenly meant something else.

6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Insisting multiple times across multiple venues (after I've stated I won't respond) is the definition of of trolling. Some would say that because you're focusing on only one person, it's stalking.

Again, STOP insisting I take your so-called "test".

Yuuge irony... again.
    We just need someone who is qualified to administer and grade the exams. That's not you.

7. N5PZJ

I will gladly let you grade’em.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  8. N5PZJ

Your the condescending one, Don, heck, I don’t agree with you, but you like me are entitled to your opinions and belief.

9. K1VSK

If I wanted to be condescending, I'd point out the difference between "your" (possessive) and "you're" ( you are).
    Or question the claim you "construct legal documents".
    But I won't...

10. N5PZJ

G
    I dictate to a phone, Most spelling is hard to correct on the fly but if you want to see a copy of my legal drafting work I’ll gladly post a PDF.

11. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Such Nitpicking, my goodness!
    I'm not insisting that you take The Test(tm)... I'm Merely RECOMMENDING that If you DO take the test, you MIGHT gain some valuable insights, and get all of your lightweight "wants vs. needs" concepts (that you have burdoned all of us with so many times across multiple platforms) straightened out.... and then you too will be free to be both On Task and Focused on the actual, pertinent Issues at hand.

These are Big Concepts, and if you're not up to it, then you are just not up to it, and That's Okay! After, it's an Avocation.
    In NO Way would anyone here chastise you. Just relax!
    And after we get all of the Legislative Hard Stuff all ironed out, you can check back in anytime... It's All Good.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT Guarantee that The Test(tm) will increase your insight or understanding. The Test WILL NOT harm you. Either Taking or Not taking The Test(tm) will not obligate you in any way. I offer The Test(tm) without any expected compensation.
    The Test(tm) has NOT been evaluated by the State of California for any possible carcinogens, nor does it have any Seal of Approval by any Government Agency or Entity. Finally I CANNOT Guarantee that The Test(tm) will make you smarter.

73 and All the Best!
    DE W8LV Bill

12. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

"Neither the anticipated legislation nor any FCCregs will dictate what an HOA MUST do approve antennas."

Oh yes they will! Just like they MUST follow OTARD as issued by the FCC.

13. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't worry about it much. He probably has trouble with "Colour" and "Centre", and doesn't know his "Zulu" from his "Zed". We know what you mean!

N5PZJ likes this.
  14. N5PZJ

Bill,
    An old English teacher from college, Nicholls State University here we do call it affectionately “Harvard on the bayou”. Once exclaimed that contractions In common ordinary use are considered to be bad form in professional settings. Now a forum, Is basically a rag chew area, Heck if I criticized everybody’s use of the English language it amazes me because I live in a part of South Louisiana where French is the predominately spoken language, English is second, And there are smatterings of people here that speak an archaic form of Spanish called Isleno. I was adopted into the Cajun culture in an early age due to my real mother passing away and my father remarried a French cajun Acadian lady who taught my little sister and yours truly how to converse in French. Her Mother, Madam Julienne Did not speak English as a rule even though she could understand the TV, my early education was conducted in Acadian Français and Islano Español de los Islano Canarios.

It makes it really easy to join French and Spanish nets in a lot of countries!

To get back on track, ARPA is traveling full speed ahead and the deal will be sooner than most folks believe. I have my comments ready to go as soon as the NPRM is announced as open.

God bless and Great DX de Martin
    November FIVE Papa Zed Juliet

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    W8LV likes this.
  15. W8LV

W8LV Ham Member QRZ Page

Soon, it will be time for a Victory Gloatfest Shrimp Boil!

;-)

N5PZJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.