ad: Radclub22-1

Oui Oui rant

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K1OIK, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

On eBay I see sellers use the term "we" as if they are part of a big operation in order to appear they are more important than they are. (Hams would never use "we" when they mean I, right?). I recently bought a Ranger and the seller said he was injured in a bicycle accident and had to delay shipping so I asked him why the "we" can't ship if he is injured. I once saw a seller explain a delay because her grandmother died, except in checking she had four grandmothers and in further checking her actual grand mothers died over 10 years earlier.

2. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

we agree.

K9ASE likes this.
  3. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

you checked the story of a random ebay seller by looking into the status if her grandmothers? wow.

o_O

4. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought this thread was going in a totally different direction ...

N2EY likes this.
  5. N5PAR

N5PAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow. One thread about scanning the bands and trying to catch operators outside of the band their license allows and now Burt trying to catch EBay sellers lying about why they can’t ship things in a timely manner. We must be real bored.

6. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

Burt, I agree. Once I hear someone using, what I call, the "royal we," I can't hear anything else. Gotta go, we're outta here, like...

7. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We aren't going to spend all day pondering and arguing about this are we? :p

But, yes, I think some people with little garage companies want you to think they are more "real." OTOH, if the XYL handles the bookkeeping, that is WE, Bert. ;)

8. W4NNF

WE are.

WF4W likes this.
  9. W4NNF

I guess when the solar cycle is low and/or you don't get on the air anyway, the days get loooong... ;)

10. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I see what we did there.

W4NNF likes this.
  11. WX7P

WX7P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We don't care.

12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The seller may be French.

K4AGO likes this.
  13. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We are not amused!

KF5FEI and WN6U like this.
  14. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When I hear someone refer to himself as "we," I always reply, "Got a mouse in your pocket?"

Sometimes they get it, usually they don't.

KC1DR likes this.
  15. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

1. The regal "we".
    2. Subjective and objective personal pronouns are frowned upon and, on a practical basis, banned by many in contemporary culture. To avoid a descent into the maelstrom of controversy, myself will not delve into the "reasoning" that supports these actions.

We are amazed.

K4AGO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.