ad: Retevis-1

Looking for the operators who knew my Father K9FBA/KE4QAI

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K9FBA, May 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K9FBA

K9FBA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am just looking for people who knew him before and after he moved to Wisconsin. He went SK 12 years ago and I still miss him. I thought maybe taking his callsign would help keep me close to him. I know it’s may seem a bit childish. I just want to talk about him. Kinda see what he was like every day.

De
    K9FBA/KM4KEL
    James Janota Jr.

2. K8KZ

K8KZ Ham Member QRZ Page

No way that sounds childish. It's a real tribute to your dad! My dad was never licensed, but he was a Marine radio man in WW2. He inspired me to a lifetime in ham radio, electronics, and software.

Please mention what kind of ham activities you remember and anything about him. I'd love to hear!

Mark K8KZ

3. K9FBA

He used to live in West Palm Beach, Florida. I don’t recall if he was in a club but he love to build stuff. I helped him move to Little Chute Wisconsin before he passed away. I don’t remember much before the accident I was in. I just want to pick up the pieces and maybe jog my memory.

De
    K9FBA/KM4KEL
    James

4. W9CQG

W9CQG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A great tribute to your father. I took the call W9CQG from the elmer and long time friend who was like a father to me.
    I lost my dad 10 years ago and still miss him as well. It's tough to lose a dad.
    I am sure he would be happy his call is still OTA. 73 Terry

5. W7BBW

W7BBW Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

my call sign was KG7PVG. I also had my Dad go silent key but, I now have his call sign W7BBW. I also had a fello Ham call me one evening and He had become great friends with my Dad many years ago and knew me when I was very young. 73's

6. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI JIM,

I THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THESE FILES FOR
    YOUR HISTORICAL FILES.
    KE4QAI CD CALL BOOK.jpg
    JANOTA FAMILY NAME.jpg
    HAVE LOTS OF FUN WITH HAM RADIO.
    SMALL CFO 1008  SMILE 73 CANDID CAMERA HAVE A HAPPY DAY.jpg

7. K9FBA

Thanks all of you. I will keep trying to find more who knew him.

8. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

My Dad died 29 years ago and hardly a day goes by that I dont think about him, it gets better but never goes away.

9. G0WXU

G0WXU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi there James, I have just read your article about taking your dad's call sign and how you miss him. My dad died many years ago and I still miss him just the same. He was not a ham but use to help me setting up antennas when I was a kid as a SWL. He use to take me all over the U.K on fishing holidays. Many happy memories of the past with him. 73 James de John - G0WXU.