ad: Radclub22-1

25 APRIL .... the day of the father of the radio : MARCONI

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me be perfectly clear:

Velikovsky was a fool.

2. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

One can hope...

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, who invented radio...

A)

[​IMG]

B)

tesla.jpg

The year 1896 comes before 1898 right?

5. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

There were TWO Venus probes. The first one burned up after Velikovsky told the "scientists" that Venus was very hot and they kept saying it was cold due to the greenhouse effect. Then the genius scientists told Velikovsky, "But, you didn't tell us how hot it was..."

Einstein died in 1955. The first Venus probe was in 1962. Must have been related to some other occurrence when they found Einstein was rereading Velikovsky's book.

However, here is what Einstein said about Velikovsky:

Albert Einstein

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Albert Einstein, 1921
    Albert Einstein (14 March 1879 – 18 April 1955) was a German-born theoretical physicist, best known for his theory of relativity and the mass–energy equivalence equation, E = mc². Velikovsky discusses his meetings with Einstein in his unpublished book, Before the Day Breaks.

"The two men first met in the early 1920’s, when Einstein edited the Mathematica et Physica section of Scripta Universitatis atque Bibliothecae Hierosolymitanarum (Writings of the University and the Library of Jerusalem), of which Velikovsky was the general editor."[1]
    There has been a certain amount of speculation over Einstein's views of Velikovsky's theory, as to whether he supported or rejected them, or was sympathetic, since Velikovsky was his friend.

Einstein on Velikovsky
    In Einstein's last interview before he died, with science historian I. Bernard Cohen, Einstein said in reference to Velikovsky:

"The subject of controversies over scientific work led Einstein to take up the subject of unorthodox ideas. He mentioned a fairly recent and controversial book, of which he had found the non-scientific part – dealing with comparative mythology and folklore – interesting. "You know," he said to me, "it is not a bad book. No, it really isn't a bad book. The only trouble with it is, it is crazy." This was followed by a loud burst of laughter. He then went on to explain what he meant by this distinction. The author had thought he was basing some of his ideas upon modern science, but found the scientists did not agree with him at all. In order to defend his idea of what he conceived modern science to be, so as to maintain his theories, he had to turn around and attack the scientists. I replied that the historian often encountered this problem: Can a scientist's contemporaries tell whether he is a crank or a genius when the only evident fact is his unorthodoxy? A radical like Kepler, for example, challenged accepted ideas; it must have been difficult for his contemporaries to tell whether he was a genius or a crank. "There is no objective test," replied Einstein.
    "Einstein was sorry that scientists in the U. S. had protested to publishers about the publication of such a book. He thought that bringing pressure to bear on a publisher to suppress a book was an evil thing to do. Such a book really could not do any harm, and was therefore not really bad. Left to itself, it would have its moment, public interest would die away and that would be the end of it. The author of such a book might be "crazy" but not "bad," just as the book was not "bad." Einstein expressed himself on this point with great passion."
    https://www.velikovsky.info/Albert_Einstein

6. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

The boat was not Tesla's first attempt at radio transmission and reception. How long had that boat been in planning and testing stages BEFORE it was put on display?

Many people know things that can work but have not tested them so they remain ideas. Jules Verne had ideas that were not tested and found part of reality for many years. And da Vinci had similar ideas. And what about the man who said that the earth revolved around the sun? He was jailed because he did not toe the line with all those others who had a differing theory.

There are some things that mathematical and aeronautical experts said could not work but prototypes were made and they were found to be workable.

Others, like Velikovsky, were feared because they upset standing theories. In retrospect, they are found to have correct views and theories. The idea that the old masters have to be dead for 50 years before a new theory is contemplated is not always true because there are still some who say Velikovsky was a fool. However, he is now being seen as someone with good theories, much better theories than those of the people who were against him.

Same as Tesla. Marconi had his opportunities and he took them and succeeded by them. Tesla is seen by those same people as unrelated to radio while the elements and functions of much of what Tesla did were used by others in their experiments. What Tesla did is still inspirational to those who lack imagination. Closed minds deny this, however.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  7. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

It was Jupiter, not Venus. I remember reading something about this about 25-30 years ago. Memory fog...

However, for anyone who wants more about this, there is a lot about this and one can find it easily on the web.

8. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting Einstein conversation found in a blog...

Lippy
    6/29/2014 04:08:43 am

Let me stipulate right now that Einstein and Velikovsky were friends for many decades, and there is no doubt that Einstein did read Worlds in Collision.

It was August 1952, eight or ten weeks after we moved to Princeton. Elisheva and I sat on a bench at the boathouse on the shore of Carnegie Lake, which sprawls in the valley only a few minutes’ walk from our home, and talked with the boatman. We saw a tiny boat with a sail approaching the anchorage. An elderly man with his head covered by a wide-brimmed hat against the rays of the setting sun came from the boat and, going toward the boathouse, looked at us with his friendly smile. Only now I recognized Einstein. I approached him and named myself.

“Ah, you are the man who brought the planets into disorder,” said he in German, and the smile disappeared from his face. He was carrying the oars into the boathouse. I made a move to help him, but he kept the oars. I heard a challenge in this greeting and said:

“I would like an occasion to meet you and discuss. . . .”

“But what do you know of astronomy?” he said dryly.

“I know to put questions,” I said, or only thought so.

“Not one of these days, sometime later,” he said.

“May I write you?”

“Do it,” he said, and was already a bit impatient to be away—his home is at the other end of town. His car moved on the unpaved road that runs along Carnegie Lake, and Elisheva and I went home, uphill, only several hundred feet from the mooring platform.

Friends?

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

meterbs.jpg
    Aren't you ASHAMED of publicly providing fellow radio amateurs DEMONSTRABLY FALSE information?

LIES ...

FACTS:

-- TESLA did NOT invent radio, or dozens of other things you assert on this thread;
    --There were NO SPACE PROBES to Venus, or Jupiter or ANYWHERE ELSE while Einstein was alive.
    --The first man-made object to deliberately leave the Earth Moon system happened 6 YEARS AFTER Einstein died.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

How can anyone BE YOUR FRIEND when you PUBLICLY LIE, providing FALSE INFORMATION??

11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Time to close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.