ad: Radclub22-1

Seeking volunteers for a special project

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K3FU, Feb 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I liked the comic page you posted. :)

K3FU and K6CLS like this.
  2. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Randall is a lover, many of his comics make me go Awwwwwwww. Too much to read through, just hit the random button.

Love, plus math, science, and random stuff, incredible! Enjoy.

K3FU likes this.
  3. K3FU

K3FU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you.

Be assured that our team has decades-deep experience in packet and landline BBS's, Usenet site administration, newsgroup moderation, and even RSS and blogs. A lot of successful effort to fight abuse and violations of the law goes on quietly behind the scenes, whether it be to report sales of illegal high-powered CB amplifiers, operators of pirate radio stations, or general harassment and threats. Things would be a lot worse without such efforts, which are not always visible to those not directly involved.

73, Paul, K3FU

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

:eek:

C4? Napalm? IEDs?

What does that even mean?

Are you hiring moderators for a web forum that need some truly big guns?

Countermeasures? Really?

Dave
    W7UUU

K4AGO, W2CPD and N6QIC like this.
  5. N6QIC

N6QIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I have heard of the so called ham cops, this guy must be a ham secret agent with his secret web site and secret vest. But yet he feels that he must come to QRZ to try to recruit his secret police here, amazing.
    OMG.jpg
    Oops sorry, its all a secret.

N3FAA, W2CPD, K3XR and 2 others like this.
  6. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

N6QIC likes this.
  7. N2AMM

N2AMM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am very amused. K3fu, ya done good, and once I wipe the tears from my chuckling, I'm gonna have another cocktail!

8. K3FU

K3FU Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, what's in your garage?

All I can say is, that's not how we do Neighborhood Watch in my neighborhood, nor even on the net.

If you are looking for some sort of "Mission Statement," I suppose that our special springtime message, posted last April, should provide some background:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.radio.amateur.moderated/pEDuTv4oLqM/SOqUxOjLDAAJ

73, Paul, K3FU

9. K3FU

K3FU Ham Member QRZ Page

I am pleased to report that we now have three interested volunteers, and look forward to working with all of them.

73, Paul, K3FU

10. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fascinating mission. I haven't thought of BBSes in many years, even though I ran one in NYC back around 1985 - 1989. Made me think of Capitol Connection BBS in VA, also back in the 80s. SySop was named Bob, but I forgot his call sign. His board was connected to RIME net. Those were the days. Good luck.

K3FU likes this.
  11. K3FU

K3FU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks.

I remember the "3 Winks" BBS (run by W3INK in Maryland) in the late 80's/early 90's. Nice features, including file downloads, Fidonet forums about amateur and other types of radio, and what was pretty novel at the time: an e-mail gateway to the Internet via fidonet.org.

The Fidonet forums could have vigorous debate, but the volume was limited by what could be relayed via overnight telephone modem transfer from hop to hop, and what each sysop was willing to carry (some hotheaded forums could burn up modems, hard drives, and telephone bills). Worldwide linking was possible, if slow, and was an early version of Usenet newsgroups.

Having witnessed advances over 30 years, I've concluded that the technologies may change, but the same types of challenges in human-to-human interaction, and maintaining an orderly civilization, remain.

73, Paul, K3FU

12. K1TGX

K1TGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Brings back memories :) My 3 sons and I were involved in Fidonet - IIRC we used a DEC PC with a 5mb hard drive. . .
    1:141/870 Josh Molaver Cheshire CT The Hole in the Woods

13. W9FTV

W9FTV Ham Member QRZ Page

I played with Fidonet briefly in the early 90's on an Amiga 2000, the phone bill was the killer.

14. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Isn't the oversight of 'abuse' on internet discussion forums the SOLE task of the administrators/ moderators of that specific forum?? I can't see the nexus of your volunteer " team" and amateur radio internet forums in which your group has no powers of either censorship or control.

W2CPD and K3XR like this.
  15. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

PLEASE! Keep this thread alive! Most fun reading I have had in a LLLOOONNNGGGG time!!!!:D